Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 26984 times)

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 03:13:55 pm »
I'll be trying again on Christmas Eve, I'll put on my hapless face on and see how I get on.

Quite a lot of the postman know me anyway from when we had Deganwy Post Office. They still manage to sort mail from a relative who continues to send cards to our address from 6 years ago.

They are attempting to deliver parcels, so it may be in the back of someones van.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:15:42 pm by JasonW »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 08:55:09 pm »
I'll be trying again on Christmas Eve, I'll put on my hapless face on and see how I get on.

Is this the one Jason?  8)

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:31 pm »
That's the one Trojan  :o

Offline Trojan

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 12:34:33 am »

Offline Sara

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010, 12:57:59 pm »
Standing in the queue yesterday I heard a little old lady remark,
" I only just heard that we could come and pick our post, it would have been helpful if they had "sent us a letter or phoned us" !! Bless.  :)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010, 06:46:21 pm »
Saw Christopher Draper (author of Llandudno before the hotels) getting interviewed on the news on  TV last night. It was from Penrhyn Bay and he was talking about the Royal Mail deliveries or rather lack of them.
The owner of the Ham Bone in Llandudno was also on the Welsh news.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 07:58:53 pm »
We were in the queue today to collect our post and the amount of vitriol, from some people who's parcels hadn't arrived on time, being pointed at the team in the delivery office was unbelievable.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 08:27:26 pm »
That's strange, TheMedz.

I called for the third time this week around 10.30am and I was told all the letters had gone out with the postmen.

It's nearly 8.30pm and I am still waiting for ours !!

I understand only parcels may be delivered tomorrow but one needs to phone the depot to check.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 10:50:13 pm »
Standing in the queue yesterday I heard a little old lady remark,
" I only just heard that we could come and pick our post, it would have been helpful if they had "sent us a letter or phoned us" !! Bless.  :)

Oh the Irony!    L0L L0L _))*
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2010, 07:27:49 am »
Postie got to my house about 7pm last night! Nice to see them pulling out the stops.

Offline Dave

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2010, 09:02:29 pm »
I don't feel any sympathy towards the Post Office whatsoever. The fact we haven't had a delivery in 11 days is ridiculous. I live in llandudno's suburbia.
How come most other businesses, including the likes of DHL, can carry onregardless just shows how pathetic the situation within the Royal mail has become.
I am told it's because the Post office staff are not covered by insurance should they injure themselves on duty. Well, sort it someone, the cost of the post is sufficient to cover all eventualities.
I fear next year the number of cards posted will fall dramatically.
Many of my friends had already declared prior to this year's festive season that their intention was to send an e mail instead  and they would make a charitable donation in lieu of paying out for cards and postage.I was very anti but my attitude has changed.What's the point of receiving a Christmas greeting when it's all over ?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 08:50:32 am »
Exactly, we are also now stuck with 2 weeks rubbish due to be collected on the 23rd. No way of finding out what to expect either.
The lane is like an ice rink, nothing has yet braved it, pity the folk who actually live on there.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 12:41:07 pm by Nemesis »
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Sara

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 09:04:34 am »
From Conwy Council's website.

Recycling and Refuse Service Disruption Due to Extreme Weather Conditions

Our crews have been back on the road since Thursday 23rd December, collecting refuse and recycling from all areas that have been safe to access, given the weather conditions.

Unfortunately many side roads, hills and inland areas are still inaccessible with our 18-tonne refuse and recycling vehicles.

We will reassess the travel conditions daily and every effort will be made to resume scheduled collections in areas that are clear of snow and ice. We will also be using additional resources to collect from areas that have been missed.

If you have been affected, please leave out your recycling containers and refuse bin for our crew to collect when practical to do so from Monday 27th December. There will be no collections on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. We appreciate the inconvenience that this causes to residents, and are grateful for your patience.

The recycling centres in Mochdre and Abergele are open to the public every day, apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2010, 09:07:35 am »
Thanks for that. Shall have to find some way of sea-gull and cat proofing any extra bags.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2010, 10:14:40 am »
From Conwy Council's website.

Recycling and Refuse Service Disruption Due to Extreme Weather Conditions

Our crews have been back on the road since Thursday 23rd December, collecting refuse and recycling from all areas that have been safe to access, given the weather conditions.

Unfortunately many side roads, hills and inland areas are still inaccessible with our 18-tonne refuse and recycling vehicles.

all very well but this same council are the ones who should have cleared the roads and pavements  :rage: :rage:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas