Author Topic: Air / Sea Rescue  (Read 16368 times)

norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Air / Sea Rescue
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »
Watched the new boat come in on Sunday great to see and coming ashore the way they turned it ready for launching ,seen another lifeboat coming in yesterday lunch time .

Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »
Yes Steve, there was another lifeboat in the station.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ME did you see another Lifeboat there?, according to the marine traffic site, the Fleetwood lifeboat No 13 12 is on station, perhaps on call while the crew are training on the new boat.
        I spoke to a crew member at about 0815 this morning by the new station and he told me that 13-12 is a Shannon training lifeboat and has been moored in Conwy for the past week and used in conjunction with the spare training carriage which has been parked outside the new station recently for launching and recovery training purposes.
        Apparently the existing  Mersey Class lifeboat will be the operational lifeboat until the station is officially handed over in a couple of weeks.

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
Re: Air / Sea Rescue RNLI 13-18
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »
It's official......  ££$ ££$

A NEW ERA BEGINS FOR LLANDUDNO'S LIFEBOATS
The RNLI has announced that following the very successful completion of pre-commissioning crew training, the new RNLI Boathouse at Llandudno together with the all-weather lifeboat 'William F Yates' will become fully operational as of now.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the crew who have put in a lot of time and hard work over the last few weeks, learning all new drills and procedures with the help of the RNLI Shannon and SLARS training team on the new boat and the new launch and recovery system.
We would also like to thank the families of the crew for all of their support.     

It certainly is the most agile boat I have seen, as I said above they made it dance, but the most impressive maneuver for me, traveling at speed to full stop, remarkable.
The photo below shows the boat coming to a stop from high speed.

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »
Lifeboats launched inearly hours rescue

Lifeboats from Conwy and Llandudno were involved in a rescue operation in darkness in the early hours today. Llandudno’s new £2.2m all-weather lifeboat ‘William F Yates’ was called out at midnight to go help a the 24ft Conwy fishing boat ‘Proper Job’ which had suffered engine failure and was drifting in deteriorating weather conditions some way north of Penmaenbach headland. Everyone was rescued.