Author Topic: Car Bodyshop Recommendations.  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Car Bodyshop Recommendations.
« on: October 07, 2015, 04:22:58 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good local car body-shop for the repair of a small dent? Although small, the dent cannot be 'paintlessly' repaired, and the paintwork is 'pearlescent' so I'd like the recommendation of a good body-shop.

Thanks.

Mrs B parked in the car park at a golf driving range and she came back to find a perfect half a golf ball sized dent in the door, complete with dimples. Which shows what lousy shots golfists are and serves her right for playing the daft game. She then leaves it to me to get fixed.....   
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Car Bodyshop Recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 05:14:47 pm »
There is an individual doing small body repair jobs inside a motor garage doing MOT's by Pearsons Garage just the other side of Ysgol Tudno off Trinity Avenue.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 06:52:07 pm »
Thanks very much for that Bri, can you recommend his work?
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:15:48 pm »
No, because he informed me I did not need any bodywork carrying out for my car to pass its MOT.

As a result, I can only admire his honesty.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 08:47:48 am »
Our car is a very unusual colour ( Chill out purple to give it its proper name ) and someone scraped and dented it. Williams in builder street were excellent. My OH is very difficult to please regarding his car, it has to be just right and he was very pleased indeed.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 12:13:31 pm »
Our car is a very unusual colour ( Chill out purple to give it its proper name ) and someone scraped and dented it. Williams in builder street were excellent. My OH is very difficult to please regarding his car, it has to be just right and he was very pleased indeed.
We've used Williams in Builder St as well, he did a good job.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »
Thank you Nemesis and DaveR, I have booked the vehicle in with Williams. He seems very knowledgeable and has some quality vehicles is his workshop for bodywork, including a Jaguar XK140 or 150 being restored from a bare shell that I swooned over. If the owner of that trusts him, I'm sure that he must be good!

Plus, his quotation was extremely reasonable.   

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 02:02:42 pm »
I am very pleased to report that Williams did an excellent job and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Thank you Nemisis and DaveR. 

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 03:38:55 pm »
Glad it was OK for you. $good$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.