Author Topic: Pulling Family  (Read 7261 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Pulling Family
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 07:45:13 pm »
No he worked in red garages  but I remember who you mean can't remember his name ,tallish guy well taller Than me lol sandy hair .Griff pulling lived on ty gwyn road ambulance man .

Norman,  we are all taller than you, so that doesn't help me!      ;D

Seriously though thanks a lot.      $good$                             I'm baffled by the postman now so I'll look through the Street Index again.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 07:54:57 pm »
    I was an apprentice motor mechanic in Red Garages when Harold Pulling was a paint-sprayer there in the 60's, and he later left to work in M & J's Body Repairs next to the old Boase's timber yard off Builder Street.
    I can also remember a uniformed LLUDC By-Laws inspector with an official-looking cane/baton who I am sure was named Pulling who used to check the numbers of passengers on the pleasure boats working from the jetties, also in the 60's, (but the boatmen had a system where they used to tell the incoming boats that he was waiting for them, and if they were overloaded they used to drop the passengers on the ladder at the end of the pier which the speedboats used so he couldn't count the numbers off the boat!) and he was also always stopping you riding a bike on the prom!

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 09:35:01 pm »
No he worked in red garages  but I remember who you mean can't remember his name ,tallish guy well taller Than me lol sandy hair .Griff pulling lived on ty gwyn road ambulance man .

I lived next door to Griff Pulling on Llwynon Road as a kid, wasn't he Scottish or is my memory playing tricks on me?
Valar Morghulis

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 10:18:25 pm »
His wife was from Scotland ,gwyneth and John had Scottish accents we couldn't get how lol.

Offline RPulling

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 07:03:37 pm »
Wow thanks everyone I'm at mum's next tues so will show her the replies and answer properly.

Yes Barbara you and mum are cousins...we're planning a trip next april to Llandudno would be great to see you then. Will also be Ev another cousin daughter of aunty Win.

Mum has mentioned a relative known as Billy Bylaws could be the boatman!

Trish :)

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 05:47:54 pm »
Hi Trish,
Sorry,I haven't replied sooner.I would love to meet up when you come to Llandudno.
I have photographs of your mum and dad at my wedding in 1964,Trinity Church in Llandudno.
There's a little girl in the photo which may be you? Do you have siblings?Is your dad called John?
Going back to your original post,William Pulling was married to Ethel and he was the Billy Bylaws that you mentioned,he was the bylaw inspector in Llandudno and Frank Pulling was married to Lil.
I look forward to hearing back from you

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 05:54:37 pm »
I forgot to ask,what part of the country do you live in now,Trish? Does Evelyn live near you?

Offline RPulling

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 09:37:17 am »
Brilliant Barbara really looking forward to April. The little girl in the photos will be my sister Christine who you will also see in April. Mum says your wedding was the last time she saw you. My dad was called John and died a few years ago.

Mum lives in Lincolnshire, I live on a canal boat but stay with mum part of the week as I work in Lincoln, Chris lives in Kent and Ev lives in Chester as does Kathleen and Julie her sisters. Chris and I have a brother Dave who lives in Spain.

So pleased we have joined the forum lovely to find family :)

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 06:19:28 pm »
There was a Pulling family who lived three or four doors down from us in Kings Road in the 1940s. The one I knew was a couple of years older than me and a tough little fighter. I knew him as 'Habsie.' *punch*
Micox