Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Lemmy
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 11:49:25 pm »
In the absence of Fester:-

RIP Lemmy.

Thanks Nem,
I wasn't going to mention it on here, because I thought that I'd be the only one it mattered to.
(Although I know SDQ admires the Great Man too)
But what amazed me most was, Motorhead might not be to everyone's taste, but the massive coverage the sad news got on the BBC News was astonishing.
The tributes got longer and more in depth as the day went on.
Lemmy had been told on Boxing Day that he had got a very aggressive cancer, but in truth, he had looked very ill for about 6 months.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:49 am »
Not my type of music, but having brought up a heavy metal/rock mad daughter Motorhead were very familiar to me.
I too was amazed by the press coverage. It was the first headline on the 7am news.!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 06:09:46 am »
fester, I feel very sad for you because I know how much you admired Lemmy. And I know how you feel. One of my watering holes in Chapora is Paula's bar, a very hard rock place. I don't know if you are a Facebook fan but if you are, look at my page or Paulos page and you will see a large poster of  Lemmy decorated with flowers. Several of the regulars were close to tears. Mike Ps definitely not my choice of music, but that doesn't stop me admiring him

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 09:45:12 am »
Just out of interest I will give you a clue as to my musical tastes. In a 1000 years I never imagined that one day I would be able to walk from my uk home and see and listen to Lionel Ritchie. Surface to say my seat is booked for next June in eirias park.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 10:08:09 pm »
fester, I feel very sad for you because I know how much you admired Lemmy. And I know how you feel. One of my watering holes in Chapora is Paula's bar, a very hard rock place. I don't know if you are a Facebook fan but if you are, look at my page or Paulos page and you will see a large poster of  Lemmy decorated with flowers. Several of the regulars were close to tears. Mike Ps definitely not my choice of music, but that doesn't stop me admiring him

I take it you are in Goa as we speak than Mike?
Another well earned winter retreat for you, the likes of which I'm sure I could not afford.
Have a relaxing time, Sir!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -