Author Topic: Caernarfon Castle.  (Read 3388 times)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
Caernarfon Castle.
« on: October 12, 2016, 07:31:01 pm »
Went to have a look at the "Weeping Windows Poppies display" at Caernarfon Castle this afternoon. I found it wonderful and very thought provoking display especially when laid in close proximity within the Castle to a lawn of Poppy Crosses sold by the British Legion and laid by the visitors. Also never seen the town centre so busy.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Caernarfon Castle.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:52 am »
Some of our guests tried to go 'on spec' yesterday. No good and they said that the whole castle was closed unless you had a ticket...pre-obtained. Sounds a funny idea to me, think of CADW's loss of revenue. Unless they got it wrong !!!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:56:08 am »
My mother-in-law and her friend went yesterday (Wednesday) on spec ... no ticket ... got in no problem even though others going in at same time had tickets!  Based on that my wife and I were thinking of going on spec but may have to rethink now.  We did see the similar display in Liverpool last year.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:58:46 pm »
Getting in was a bit confusing but no problem. We went on spec but we are members of Cadw and showed our cards. The lady on the entrance didn't seem interested in our cards but did asked if we had printed the tickets off the Internet. We said no ready to be turned away but she quickly added don't worry in you go. I think it might be more of an issue at the weekends when there may be more people with tickets therefore not allowing those without tickets to get in.

Regarding Cadw losing out on entry money they seemed to be shifting rather a lot of items in the shop and they also set up a refreshments tent in the lower grounds inside the castle which was also doing a good trade.