Author Topic: Roberts Family  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Julia

Roberts Family
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:54:10 pm »
Hello all, I am on a journey of discovery and would welcome any help or information any one might have. ( if the admin who run this forum think it should be moved to times past please do so. Thank you

I was born in 1948 in Lancashire, but sent to live with a couple by the name of  Jean and Sam Auld Roberts (born around 1900 in Festiniog)  who ran a boarding house in Gloddaeth Street, Llandudno in the early 1950s. I have a marriage certificate for Sam to a Alice May Page Born 1904 but it is possible she might have changed her name to Jean. To be honest I have no idea who these people were or how they link to me.

Just this week I have found that my uncles father Clarence Alfred Aplin is buried in the Great Orme Cemetery, he died in 1959 in Conwy.  My mothers sister, Marion Cooper Page was married to Clarence Aplin, the son of Clarence Alfred Aplin, so it would seem there might be a link between Clarence Alfred Aplin and Sam and Jean.

I have seen on early posts 2011, that their is a strong presence of Roberts connected to Llandudno.  I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about these Roberts or anything about Clarence Alfred Aplin he was married to a Florence M Davies.
Thank you