Author Topic: What was the name of the Disco/Night Club in Bay View Road, Colwyn Bay.  (Read 3170 times)

Offline All Our Yesterdays

Can anyone tell me the name of the disco or night club which once existed in Bay View Road Colwyn Bay?

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Roughly when?

Offline All Our Yesterdays

Can anyone name the Disco/Night Club in Colwyn Bay's Bay View Road in 1980s or 90s? 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Can anyone name the Disco/Night Club in Colwyn Bay's Bay View Road in 1980s or 90s?
I was around in Colwyn Bay then and can fairly confidently say that there was never a disco or nightclub in Bay View Road. The only disco/nightclub in Colwyn Bay at that time was the notorious Flight Level Zero in the former Metropole Hotel in Penrhyn Road.

Offline Hugo

I had a surprise telephone call tonight from a friend and former neighbour who has been reading this thread with interest.
He confirmed that there was a disco/nightclub in Bay View Road Colwyn Bay.
It was located in the Green Lawns Hotel and to get to it you went up the steps in the hotel then through the reception hall and the disco/nightclub was in the back of the building.
He said that it didn't operate for long and was open sometime between the late 1970's and mid 1980's,  He remembered it well as the club served drinks long after the other local pubs had closed.            Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Perhaps calling it a disco/nightclub was a bit optimistic!? A dingy hotel bar would have been more accurate.  :laugh:

Offline Hugo

I've never been inside the building so I'm unable to comment on it but at least All Our Yesterdays knows where it was.