Author Topic: Recommend A Local Business  (Read 114943 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Recommend A Local Business
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:38 pm »
This is a thread for you to sing the praises of a local business that you've been impressed with.  Can be any type of business, but it has to be locally owned and independent. Let's give some praise where it is due...  :)

I'll kick off with Coffee Illy in Conwy. Tucked down the side street that links Castle Street to the Quay (Lower Gate Street?), this little coffee shop is one of the best in Conwy. Not the cheapest but the coffee is always good and the staff are friendly and efficient. Ground floor isn't very large but there are also tables on the First Floor. Give it a try.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Recommend A Local Business
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:59:05 pm »
I would like to nominate Mollys Cafe by the railway station in Llandudno, (was Sarah Js) You can not beat the cooked breakfast, I go there sometimes before work. £2.99 for the small breakfast and I can't eat it all. Well worth a visit I promise you.  Its clean and tidy, nice staff and you can see Dave cooking from your table. I was really impressed and now we go there all the time.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 12:23:46 am »
I would like to give a mention to MozBroz.

Dave and Kevin Morrisey are general builders, joiners etc.  Based in Llandudno.

They did a marvellous job of fitting out my shop, very quickly, skilfully and a very reasonable price.

I have gven them further work since.... and will soon have my new kitchen fitted by them.

They are very good, very reliable ... and very nice blokes too.  (that always helps)

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 07:04:33 pm »
I would also like to nominate Mandy at the Gold Mine, the indoor market in Llandudno. I bought a new engagement ring the other day at a very fair price. In fact she gave me £45 off it, She also gave me a very good deal on a load of broken jewellry. In fact the only problem is whether I tell the hubby. ;)

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 12:03:03 am »
Errr...   why do you need an engagement ring,  if you already have a husband?   am I missing the point?   

Are you intending to commit bigamy?

Get your money back,  quick!!
Fester...

Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 08:24:48 am »
You only get £45 off if it's been put on in the first place!   Too many "false" prices in the shops nowadays just so that they can offer massive discounts!      D)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 09:11:18 am »
You are spot on there Yorkie,  its not like that in my shop though.

The correct retail price of my bathing gifts is One Million and three pounds,  but just for you as a fellow forum member, I'll knock a million off.
Lets call it £3.00.

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 09:33:13 am »
You are spot on there Yorkie,  its not like that in my shop though.

The correct retail price of my bathing gifts is One Million and three pounds,  but just for you as a fellow forum member, I'll knock a million off.
Lets call it £3.00.

So far I've 'saved' around £7,000,000 in your shop so far then L0L

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:02:24 am by Ian »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 10:05:54 am »
The classic example of false pricing must be Finish Dishwasher tablets. Since they came out - around fifteen years ago - we've never bought a pack at more than 'half-price'.

The other example that springs to mind are the 1kg tins of Quality Street, Roses and Celebrations.  They first appear in September, or thereabouts, at £11.00 per tin.  No one buys, them, because they know the price will halve within a couple of weeks.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 03:59:37 pm »

Bigamy.......pah..your having a laugh.
I lost the diamond in my first ring.  So bought a replacement.

I was watching my wedding dvd backwards the other day.
I especially liked the part where I took off my ring, walked back down the aisle and f:*%ed off out with my mates. D)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 02:56:12 am »

Bigamy.......pah..your having a laugh.
I lost the diamond in my first ring.  So bought a replacement.

I was watching my wedding dvd backwards the other day.
I especially liked the part where I took off my ring, walked back down the aisle and f:*%ed off out with my mates. D)

L0L Classic!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 05:50:45 pm »
My favourite Restaurant in Llandudno - The Seahorse - http://www.the-seahorse.co.uk/

The Seahorse Restaurant

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »
A close friend of mine works there in the kitchen, he keeps saying to go up there haven't been there yet but intend to. Customers at the club have always rated it too.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 06:14:44 pm »
You are hard pressed to eat better than The Seahorse,   ANYWHERE!

Yep, its superb.

Don and Gill run a wonderful business,  Don is the owner, but also a great chef,  skilfull fisherman ... and a thorougly nice man.

Fest.

Fester...

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 06:35:39 pm »
Had a good chat with Don one day as he was walking the dog up the Orme passing the house. A really nice bloke. He told me to look out for the "Tw*t" video but I haven't until now seen it. I've not been into the restaurant yet but I am hoping to rectify that in the next month of so.