Author Topic: Golf.  (Read 23404 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Golf.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 06:14:54 am »
PGA Closed Championships, April 1957, Maesdu, Llandudno, British golfer Peter Alliss is pictured standing in front of the players scoreboard, receiving the trophy following his victory.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 06:17:07 am »
PGA Closed Championships, April 1957, Maesdu, Llandudno, British golfer Peter Alliss is pictured after hitting a drive from the tee.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 06:18:55 am »
PGA Closed Championships again, April 1957, Maesdu, Llandudno, British golfer Peter Alliss is pictured after hitting a drive from the tee.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 06:21:16 am »
PGA Closed Golf Championship, April 1957, Maesdu, Llandudno. Britain's Bernard Hunt is pictured with his brother Geoff at the tournament.

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 09:27:16 am »
PGA Closed Championships, April 1957, Maesdu, Llandudno, British golfer Peter Alliss is pictured after hitting a drive from the tee.

It would appear that the presenter of the trophy was Mr Charles Payne.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 03:19:50 pm »

It would appear that the presenter of the trophy was Mr Charles Payne.

Well spotted Barbiroli!  &well&

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 09:34:06 pm »
Never mind these pictures from the past.

Look to the future

next Friday.

the three towns forum sponsored Orme Cup

great Orme Family Golf at 1 p.m.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 11:36:43 am »
Best wishes to local lass Amy Boulden and the rest of the GB&I team playing the Curtis Cup at Nairn Golf Club over the weekend.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »
Congratulations to Amy Boulden of Llandudno for today winning the English Open Amateur Golf Championship at Mannings Heath, Sussex.  $walesflag$

Offline Trojan

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 08:25:46 am »
Congratulations to Amy Boulden of Llandudno for today winning the English Open Amateur Golf Championship at Mannings Heath, Sussex.  $walesflag$

$good$ Well done Amy.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 11:31:13 pm »
US Women's Open: Welsh golfer Amy Boulden leads qualifiers

Wales' Amy Boulden headed the field at the qualifying event for the US Women's Open.

The 20-year-old from Llandudno carded two rounds of 71 at Buckinghamshire Golf Club to finish two under par.

That was one better than Scot Kelsey MacDonald and South African Nicole Garcia, who also qualified.

The remaining five qualifiers were English trio Lucy Williams, Rebecca Hudson and Holly Clyburn and Australian pair Stephanie Na and Nikki Campbell.

It is the first time qualifying events for the US Open have been staged outside the States, and Boulden was delighted with her success.

"I'm very happy. I played very well today so I'm very pleased," she said.

"I knew I was in the top eight, but I felt there might have been a few lower scores.

"I am very excited but I'm not trying to show it too much. It will help boost my profile."

A total of 73 players tried to gain one of the eight available places at Pinehurst from 19-22 June, the week after the men's US Open will be staged at the same venue.

Asia also hosted three qualifying events on Monday at venues in China, Japan and Korea, a reflection of the current balance of power in the women's game.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 08:10:02 am »
21 year old, Amy Boulden, from Llandudno is +5 after 15 holes in the first round of the US Women’s Open at the Pinehurst Resort and Country Club in North Carolina when play was suspended at 7.55pm last night.

Amy is currently 8 shots behind the leader, Stacey Lewis (USA), who went round in 67 which is 3 under par.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »
The young lady completed her first round earlier with a respectable 75.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 09:11:22 pm »
Ms Boulden completed her second round with a score of 78 making a total of 153 for her two rounds.

Sadly, this was not good enough to make the cut.

The golf legend, Laura Davies, from England and who was recently made a Dame in the Queen's Birthday Honours List had a total of 156.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re:Worlds most extreme golf hole
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 07:41:06 pm »
A one million dollar prize for a hole in one.......the 19th. hole at The Legend golf and safari resort, South Africa.
Never been done ,but, Padraig Harrington holds the record for a par three, No golf buggies they, use a helicopter, maybe one day!!!!!!    ££$