Author Topic: Arcadia Theatre  (Read 2032 times)

Offline hillwalker

Arcadia Theatre
« on: August 19, 2017, 11:17:44 am »
This might prompt a few memories and show again Llandudno as a great entertainment hot spot
From Victoria Palace, which attracted eminent soloists including Sir Charles and Lady Hallé, who in 1895 gave a piano and violin recital.
to The Arcadia the theatre provided 1,147 seats in the auditorium and was the last of Llandudno’s many theatres and cinemas to offer traditional seaside entertainment.

https://voxturturis.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/arcadia-theatre-llandudno-a-memory/

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/catlin-follies-put-llandudno-map-2760464

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Arcadia Theatre
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:27:55 am »

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 12:25:32 pm »
That brought back a lot of memories, I was amongst the Roller Skaters that used the indoor facilities in the Arcadia during the winter and the outside rink in the summer. Certainly kept me fit and active.  $thanx$
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 01:38:43 pm »
Reading that makes me wonder if there would  be any future for an IMAX cinema in the town.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 09:13:15 am »
Reading that makes me wonder if there would  be any future for an IMAX cinema in the town.
I'd love to see one open, but the installation costs would be phenomenal.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:21 am »
They would. But wherever in the world they've opened they've proved to be money spinners.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.