Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 207446 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #795 on: December 02, 2017, 10:35:55 am »
The Aberconwy Centre opened to the west of the Arcadia theatre in 1982. The conference venue had space for over 1,000 conference attendees. It also featured squash courts, sun beds and badminton courts.

The Centre was redeveloped in 1994, and it was renamed the North Wales Theatre and Conference Centre. It hosted a 1,500-seat auditorium/theatre, as well as a 700 square metres (7,500 sq ft) conference hall with capacity for 800 seated, or 1,000 standing, people.

In July 2005 the Arcadia theatre was demolished to make way for an atrium and meeting and conference rooms adjoining with the North Wales Theatre and Conference Centre. The building was also extended to the west. After the redevelopment, the venue hosted a new 1,550 square metres (16,700 sq ft) arena, capable of hosting 1,800 seated, or 2,500 standing people, increasing the overall capacity of the venue to over 5,000 people. The western extension incorporated a café, restaurant and a box office, as well as office space.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #796 on: December 02, 2017, 11:34:55 am »
Thanks for the background, interesting and helps make sense of a cond=fusing comgloerate of buildings!

You did well to get Black Friday tickets Bri, all my online attempts failed. Looking forward to it, we bought tickets for 7pm Mon, Tues & Thursday  ;D

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #797 on: December 02, 2017, 12:38:48 pm »
Conwy’s Cabinet Member for Economic Development, Cllr Louise Emery added:
“We are delighted the Welsh Government has recognised the importance of this exciting project. Venue Cymru already contributes more than £33m per annum to the North Wales economy supporting hundreds of jobs. This development will help us build on this, further growing Conwy’s valuable business tourism and events offer.”

I appreciate the above, however it would be good to see VC make a profit or break even, rather than the one million plus loss per annum, especially as they quoted .........
                    *Venue Cymru hosts in excess of 800 separate conference and events every year.*

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #798 on: December 02, 2017, 05:56:32 pm »
mondie, I bought mine at the box office.

As a Premier Card holder, that way I also avoid the £3 admin charge.

I am there Monday evening and all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

A tip - take a cushion because those seats in the Arena become uncomfortable after a while.

You won’t miss me when I walk in with my cushion in a plastic bag.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #799 on: December 03, 2017, 01:45:00 pm »
Btw, all day means it starts at 1pm.

Offline SteveH

Re: Venue Cymru Arena.......Gin Festival 2019
« Reply #800 on: November 14, 2018, 04:11:58 pm »
This is a bit early, but I am sure there are a few out there, who will be interested in making a note of this.

Pure Gin Delight! Enjoy a true Gin Festival, featuring 120 listed gins, plus a selection of new and local gins to enhance your experience.
Free Gin! A voucher for your first Gin & Tonic
Your own Copa Glass to take home
The Gin Society booklet
3 exclusive gin bars: world, british and fruit gins, plus cocktail bar
Tasters and Masterclasses from Distillers and industry experts

Environment friendly festival: biodegradable straws, glass and cardboard recycling.
Live entertainment
Street food and snacks to purchase separately
Festival Gin Shop

DATE AND TIME
Fri, 12 Jul 2019,
Sat, 13 Jul 2019,

SESSIONS
Friday Evening: 6pm to 10.30pm
Saturday Afternoon: 12noon to 4.30pm
Saturday Evening: 6pm to 10.30pm

TICKETS £12.50 - no hidden fees and it includes 1 G&T!
We operate a voucher system for the purchase of all drinks – vouchers are available in multiples of £5 from our voucher station. All gins are £5 including mixer and garnish. Cocktails are £10. On the day, we are happy to refund any unused vouchers.

Our festival is strictly for over 18s. www.drinkaware.co.uk

More details and FAQ   
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-gin-society-llandudno-festival-2019-tickets-52055853459?fbclid=IwAR2JZPgwbWsQhca74NoPPgKG_saGNU-lJdkYwRrBdSRHQCcC6dPz_KgQ1_U

Offline Arterburn

« Reply #801 on: November 15, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »
It's never too early to book the dates of a Gin Festival, Steve. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Love gin! haha
More and more guys are blown away by sarms every day.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #802 on: November 16, 2018, 12:08:19 pm »
Wow almost a year between posts on this thread! To top it all the post is for a gin festival not even a music act. What an absolute waste of space that arena is! I would say the people who run it couldn't organise a p!ss up in a brewery but clearly they can manage a p!ss up in a supposed music arena!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #803 on: December 03, 2018, 02:14:54 pm »
Major redevelopment works are underway at Venue Cymru.

The project, costing around £3million, is set to increase the flexibility of the conference spaces at the Llandudno venue making the facilities more appropriate for holding large national and international events.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17272250.redevelopment-work-begins-on-llandudnos-venue-cymru/?ref=mr&lp=1

Offline SteveH

« Reply #804 on: February 14, 2019, 11:29:55 am »
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds to play Llandudno's Venue Cymru - when and how to get tickets
They've played the Manchester Arena and the London O2, but the former Oasis songwriter and guitarist has announced he'll be bringing his 11-piece band here this year..........   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds-15829379

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #805 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:43 pm »
While Hugo has been walking in the hills and enjoying the sunshine, I have spent the last couple of days inside Venue Cymru Arena watching the snooker currently being shownt live on ITV4 until Sunday’s Final.

All four sessions were virtually sold out.

Good publicity for Llandudno and a boost for local hotels and guest houses.  $good$

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #806 on: March 22, 2019, 05:09:01 pm »
Yes........I spent Tue evening there......not too bad £15.00 for over four hours play and a final frame lasting over 1 hour when both Selby and Robertson could have won on the final black,  $cool$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #807 on: March 22, 2019, 05:26:27 pm »
While Hugo has been walking in the hills and enjoying the sunshine, I have spent the last couple of days inside Venue Cymru Arena watching the snooker currently being shown live on ITV4 until Sunday’s Final.
$good$

That must be a sign of a misspent youth Bri, but I'm pleased that you enjoyed the snooker      ;D

Offline Dave

« Reply #808 on: March 22, 2019, 10:06:12 pm »
Must be the perfect night out for insomniacs! Mind you, hopefully you don't wake up with a stiff neck from an awkward sleeping position.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #809 on: March 23, 2019, 08:57:06 am »
What is going on outside at the front ( other than nothing) It seems to have been dug up for weeks.???
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.