Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359840 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #615 on: February 25, 2015, 04:41:35 pm »
We can all move in with Fester.lol

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #616 on: February 26, 2015, 09:42:47 am »
Ian, I think you have been watching to much Al Gore.
See it for what it is.
Fails as a Presidential candidate,gets himself set up to rake in money from Green projects,makes a film skewed to scare everyone.

There have always been flooding issues that need addressing, but what is going on now is making big money for some people.
Climate change has been going on since the Creation. No need to go overboard about it.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #617 on: February 26, 2015, 11:34:56 am »
Ian, I think you have been watching to much Al Gore.
See it for what it is.
Fails as a Presidential candidate,gets himself set up to rake in money from Green projects,makes a film skewed to scare everyone.

Not sure what you mean, as this is research by NOAA and confirmed by other reputable climate centres. I don't now what films you're watching, but I get information like this from academic studies, not Hollywood.

Climate change has been going on since the Creation. No need to go overboard about it.

Not at the current rate it hasn't. And last year the WAG was talking 'managed retreats' in Mid Wales because of climate change. Be a denier all you wish, and follow Sarah Palin into the sea if that's what you want but some of  us still think things can be changed.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline mull

« Reply #618 on: February 27, 2015, 10:28:00 am »
So did King Canute. ££$ ££$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2015, 10:46:06 am »
So are you arguing there's no problem and we shouldn't do anything?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline mull

« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2015, 11:33:17 am »
As I said in my posting, flooding issues need addressing. But not the way Conway Council go about it.

Climate change will continue, nothing man can do will stop it.
Be aware there are a lot of Green snake oil salesmen out there. You only have to stand on the Great Orme and look towards the Wirral.
Our energy bills and tax are paying for all those useless windmills.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #621 on: February 27, 2015, 12:06:37 pm »
As I said in my posting, flooding issues need addressing. But not the way Conway Council go about it.

Ignoring the fact that you seem to agree with my posting how would you suggest CCBC deal with the potential issues? I don't believe CCBC have anything to do with the windmills, do they? And do you think things can be changed or not?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #622 on: February 27, 2015, 01:23:11 pm »
Ian, don't forget to take a look at Al Gore, 'An Inconvenient Truth'

It's pretty hard hitting stuff, and very well done.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #623 on: February 27, 2015, 02:08:57 pm »
It is, indeed, and extremely pertinent. I'm simply curious that Mull seems to think it's all poppycock...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #624 on: March 04, 2015, 10:31:33 am »
I was on the West Shore yesterday and the wind was very strong but it was good to see that the CCBC had at an enormous expense installed fencing to stop the wind blowing onto the Promenade and the nearby streets.      &shake&

Offline Hugo

« Reply #625 on: May 05, 2015, 05:08:21 pm »
It was really windy in Llandudno today and especially so on the West Shore.   I didn't stay there too long after I took the photo and was glad to get back in the car.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #626 on: May 06, 2015, 09:08:27 am »
We went past yesterday and saw the mountains of sand that have reappeared by the lake. Sure it's only a couple of weeks since CCBC cleared it all away?

Offline mull

« Reply #627 on: May 06, 2015, 09:21:22 am »
Let us have some photos.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #628 on: May 06, 2015, 09:42:14 am »
They cleared the sand few weeks ago and took it out of where the statue was ,it was all back few days later , they also cleared the cycle path  _))* two days later sand was back ,this council really knows how to waste Our money . If they did a one off job of taking them two Rock groynes away ,back to how it was .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #629 on: May 06, 2015, 09:44:21 am »
When I was there they were clearing the sand away from the road and pavement.  I have no idea where they dumped it as I didn't hang around long enough in that wind.

Mull,   Dave may have taken some photos yesterday but here are some I have taken previously.