Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 571017 times)

Offline wjones74

Re: Stop Press
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 05:41:02 pm »
Quite alarming! rhos, moelfre,pwllheli marina now one off the orme, all in a couple of weeks  :o

A possible off Conwy also.

Yes Trojan , Forgot about that , I can presume no further developements with that then ? , is les battersby still in the frame ?  ???

Yorkie

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
Well just to quell some local speculation, it certainly ain't Yorkie!  He is alive and well and will shortly be seen roaming all over the Three Towns Forum as usual!      ;)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 11:57:43 pm »
Well just to quell some local speculation, it certainly ain't Yorkie!  He is alive and well and will shortly be seen roaming all over the Three Towns Forum as usual!      ;)

With Yorkie back, and BrumBob now in full flow...I think we can expect March to be a record breaking month of postings on the..... $3towns$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Yorkie

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 08:19:06 am »
I'll do my best!   After 3 weeks of inactivity my fingers are lacking a little in typing power but I'm having physiotherapy so should be back to form soon.     ZXZ

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 08:23:14 am »
Welcome back :-)))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 08:36:54 am »
"A SEARCH team looking for a missing man yesterday found a body on a cliff ledge.

Police on board the force helicopter made the grim discovery on Llandudno’s Great Orme shortly after 10.30am. They had been searching for Andrew Lawrence Parvin, 48, last seen at 2pm on Sunday when he left his parents’ home in Deganwy to take a walk. When the experienced walker did not return, his family called police and the search was launched."
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/02/24/man-s-body-recovered-from-great-orme-55578-28225047/

"THE body of a 35-year-old fisherman was found at Pwllheli Marina yesterday.

The grim discovery was made by a member of the public walking along one of the pontoons at the marina shortly after 7.30am.

Police were alerted and the inshore lifeboat launched but David James McMurdo, skipper of the 45ft trawler Kasey Marie, was pronounced dead at the scene.

A single man, Mr McMurdo hailed from Dumfrieshire in Scotland and lived in Plymouth. He had been based in Pwllheli since last November fishing for scallops in Cardigan Bay."
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/02/24/body-of-trawler-skipper-found-in-pwllheli-marina-55578-28225052/

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 09:02:05 am »
Police closed the Marine Drive from the Zig Zag path to the concrete track, yesterday, between 1000 and 1300, while they, the Mountain rescue teams, Coastguard and emergency services in general based themselves in the Rest and Be Thankful car park.  It was, apparently, just below the Southern end of the car park that the man was found.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 10:27:13 am »
It was very sad to see that thieves/vandals have destroyed one of the stained glass windows at St Tudnos Church:
http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2011/02/24/thieves-violate-llandudno-s-ancient-st-tudno-s-church-55243-28222513/

Yorkie

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 10:30:43 am »
Bastards need burying alive!    :rage:

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 12:49:31 pm »
Although the report says the damage is covered by insurance, it still means that the Church will have to pay the first £500. And that is a sum that would be far better utilised towards the proposed roof project.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 02:48:23 pm »
Apparently a body has been recovered today.

Police were called this morning after the force helicopter spotted a body on the cliff face at the Great Orme, Llandudno.
The man was recovered by the coastguard at around 10.30am.

District Inspector Ian Verburg said that they had no formal identification of the body at this time.

He said that the coroner had been informed and they were treating the death as unexplained.

There are no further details available.

Andrew Parvin was a client of mine.

He was a lovely lad and my condolences go out to his family.

RIP Andrew.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 02:51:36 pm »
I found the above comments about the break in at St. Tudno's shortly after I posted some information and photos under "Policing Matters".  Thanks for your comments, folks.  

Offline Paddy

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:47 pm »
Five police cars outside the lifeboat station and the chopper in the air! Does anyone know what's going on?