Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573991 times)

Offline John Oddy

Re: Stop Press
« Reply #360 on: April 05, 2012, 08:08:31 pm »
The Prime Minister, David Cameron, is in Llandudno this afternoon to give a speech to local Conservatives ahead of the May local Government elections..

He's my hero, I hope his little pep-talk works the old magic....

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #361 on: April 05, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »
The Prime Minister, David Cameron, is in Llandudno this afternoon to give a speech to local Conservatives ahead of the May local Government elections..

He's my hero, I hope his little pep-talk works the old magic....

And he does a permanent vanishing act!     ZXZ   _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: April 16, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »
The prom at Rhos is currently closed to all traffic after a very serious RTA. Driver of a light blue car was coming down Rhos Road when he lost control and crashed onto the pavement at the bottom, demolishing the front of the Harbour Lights Newsagent on the corner and (I'm told) trapping two pedestrians underneath the car. The Air Ambulance has taken several people to hospital and the whole area is still completely cordoned off. Lots of traffic delays in the vicinity as you can imagine.

Offline Jack

« Reply #363 on: April 16, 2012, 05:38:38 pm »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: April 16, 2012, 05:39:54 pm »
Our 'reporter on the ground' has taken this iphone photo:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2012, 08:30:50 pm »
DDONT FORGET

ITS ONLY FIVE DAYS TO GO BEFORE THE FIRST OF THE

THREE TOWNS FORUM GOLF COMPETITIONS

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2012, 03:54:13 pm »
Not sure where to post this but can I offer my congratulations to whoever has got St Tudno's cleaned up and ready for use. The last time I looked inside it was a building site. Now it looks wonderful, clean and polished.
I take my hat off to you.
Nem.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2012, 06:18:22 pm »
I'm sure Blodyn will tell you more about it - she has been closely involved.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2012, 06:21:19 pm »
Church or hotel.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »
Church

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #370 on: June 15, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »
Church or hotel.

Nay lad-- would it be cleaned and polished?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

£1.1m cycle path improvement.
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:21 am »
Work has begun on improving the safety of a cycle route in Conwy county which was once called "horrible", a "death trap" and a "disgrace".

The section runs along a narrow pavement next to the main A55 road between Conwy Morfa and Penmaenbach headland.

A £1.1m programme of improvements has now begun.

It includes building a new bridge over a nearby railway line to divert cyclists and pedestrians from the road.

The section was criticised by the former chief constable of north Wales, Richard Brunstrom, who cycled the route in July 2006.

He said at the time:"It is a death trap...you have to cycle on a very narrow pavement right next to the main road, with no protection at all. Horrible.

"This is part of the UK's national cycle network and it is a disgrace.

National Cycle Route 5, which ran along the section of road, has been temporarily suspended for several years as "unsuitable for leisure cyclists".

Improvement works are being co-ordinated by walking and cycling charity Sustrans.

Glyn Evans, area manager for north and mid Wales, said: "It will fill in a missing link along the north Wales coastal walking and cycling route between Conwy town and Penmaenmawr.

"This vital link will transform the walking and cycling experience on this key route.

"The new route will provide a bridge over the north Wales railway and a new path through the Conwy Morfa dunes, completing National Cycle Network Route 5 between Chester and Holyhead.

"The new link will also be part of the recently-launched Wales Coast Path."

Neil McKenzie, a keen cyclist from Llandudno, welcomed the start of the work.

He said: "It's brilliant. It's such a dangerous stretch. You're cycling facing oncoming traffic.

"You get a large blast of wind from passing lorries which can make it feel even worse."

The project will cost £1.1m, of which £300k has come from the Big Lottery Fund, the rest coming from the North Wales regional transport consortium - Taith - and the Welsh government.

Sustrans expects construction to be complete by August.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #372 on: June 24, 2012, 09:59:59 pm »
Judith Philips  is going to do an article one day on why CCBC has left Llandudno down when it comes to tourism ,then we may get some excuses from the Cabinet.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #373 on: June 25, 2012, 07:57:18 am »
I was told by a senior council official the lack of money being spent on Llandudno is down to the cost of vehicle fuel.

Sounds like an excuse for bad management to me.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: June 25, 2012, 09:21:04 am »
Quite often, you will see gardeners or maintenance staff turn up in several vans or lorries to do one job.

So much unnecessary waste...