Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573464 times)

Offline mull

• Management board member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1530 on: June 21, 2017, 12:17:32 pm »
Other reports in the paper show the Seahorse in Llandudno had an nasty diner in on Sunday !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1531 on: June 21, 2017, 01:05:30 pm »
Is this the article Mull?       What a role model for those poor children and then driving off after having a drink and in a car with no tax
Just a pity that he didn't notify the Police about the car and drink driving

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-restaurant-kids-car-outside-13211206

Offline mull

« Reply #1532 on: June 21, 2017, 05:58:22 pm »
Thats the one Hugo.
The police should have been called on several counts.
You would not leave a dog in a car in heat like that.
Children been left at risk.
Drinking and driving.
Driving an untaxed car.

I realise the restruant manager was probably very busy but he was obviously concerned about the children to notice what was going on.
I wonder did he contact the police ?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1533 on: June 21, 2017, 08:21:58 pm »
You get the impression from the article that he was more concerned about getting his money than doing the decent thing and contacting the authorities. Sad state of affairs!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1534 on: June 22, 2017, 08:36:38 am »
"Contacting the authorities". Many people are very reluctant to do anything like that because of what can ensue, or possibly because other people who weren't there wondering if they didn't have anything better to do with their time. It's a strange world in which we live.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1535 on: June 22, 2017, 05:41:19 pm »
"Contacting the authorities". Many people are very reluctant to do anything like that because of what can ensue, or possibly because other people who weren't there wondering if they didn't have anything better to do with their time. It's a strange world in which we live.

He was happy enough to contact the press though. Oh, wait, think of the free publicity.
I know a few on here are friends with the said person but I think if he wasn't prepared to do anything about the situation he had no right going to the press after the fact.
I note by the wording of your reply you're still smarting over my dashcam comment, let it go dude!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1536 on: June 22, 2017, 06:19:19 pm »
Well, I suppose I was interested in the double standards you apply.  Do you believe you're the sole arbiter of what should or should not be reported to the police?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1537 on: June 22, 2017, 06:25:41 pm »
Well, I suppose I was interested in the double standards you apply.  Do you believe you're the sole arbiter of what should or should not be reported to the police?

Yes, yes I do.
Valar Morghulis

Offline mull

« Reply #1538 on: June 22, 2017, 08:08:12 pm »
With you there SDQ.
Man enjoyed the free publicity but did nothing about the wrong that was going on.

Why did he pass the information to the press and not the police ?
Makes him as bad as the customer.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1539 on: June 23, 2017, 06:49:11 am »
If you watch the video in the article at about 1. 28 he says he rang the Police, this is not mentioned in the written article for some reason. Just to say, I have never met him, never been in the Seahorse, too fancy for me lol !
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline mull

« Reply #1540 on: June 23, 2017, 07:28:42 am »
I take that back.
Only read the newspaper report and did not view the video.
Just shows you can not trust everything you read in papers.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1541 on: June 23, 2017, 08:02:25 am »
I suspect you mean 'anything'...  :(

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1542 on: June 23, 2017, 09:08:13 am »
If you watch the video in the article at about 1. 28 he says he rang the Police, this is not mentioned in the written article for some reason. Just to say, I have never met him, never been in the Seahorse, too fancy for me lol !

Thanks for pointing that out ME,  the owner of the restaurant should be given credit for what he did.     I don't know the person either but admire him for what he did.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1543 on: June 23, 2017, 09:15:14 am »
Don's a great guy and runs a great restaurant, best in Llandudno in my view..  $dins$

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1544 on: June 24, 2017, 07:01:40 am »

Yes, yes I do.

In that case, I hope that you agree with this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-40359502
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.