Author Topic: Tell your Friends!  (Read 7514 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Tell your Friends!
« on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:36 am »
The Forum has been doing very well lately, with record numbers of new members, visitors and posts. But I'm still conscious that large swathes of local people don't know about it. So, if you get an opportunity, please mention the Forum to your friends. Maybe you attend a local group or club, please mention it to the other people there. The more people that join and post, the better it will become.

I still have a stock of the Forum business cards, if anyone would like a few to hand out or put in a public place, please drop me a line at admin@threetownsforum.co.uk with your address and I will post a you a few out.  :)

Yorkie

Re: Tell your Friends!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 04:46:16 pm »
Don't want to be a wet blanket but I put out hundreds of cards for my Forum and did not notice any significant increase in postings - I hope yours do better!     $uk

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »
We've been handing them out at various places for a couple of months now, whether they have played a part in the growth of the forum or not is debatable! Still, for the cost, they're worth doing.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:03:03 pm »
Have you tried putting anything in the Community News section of the Weekly News?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »
Have you tried putting anything in the Community News section of the Weekly News?
Rayyan Parry kindly did a small piece on the Forum in the main part of the paper a few months ago. Might be worth us seeing if they will put a bit in the 'General' section of the Community News columns. Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 10:11:23 am »
Gone very quiet on here.
Or is everyone out putting up the Christmas lights in Mostyn Street ?

:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:55 am »
Well, I can only speak for myself but I'm very busy with other things at the moment. Don't have that much time to look, let alone post much.  :'(

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 05:03:39 pm »
Gone very quiet on here.
Or is everyone out putting up the Christmas lights in Mostyn Street ?

As of 5.00p.m. there has only been 6 posting today, and three of them from one person.    Such ups and downs in numbers is not unusual on any Forum and just because low figures are recorded on a few occasions it does not mean that the Forum has lost its appeal.

What one does not see are the large number of people who come along and read many of the posts and comments.  In fact most Forums tend to have a larger proportion of readers than it does posters!   Such figures are not seen by us mere mortals but the Administrator has a link to the statistics and can see almost on an hourly basis exactly what is happening.

Even my own number of postings is down and if everyone else is in a similar situation, it is no wonder we are quiet.  Worry not the Forum is as strong as ever!     
 $good$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 11:55:38 pm »
No matter what people say about The Forum being quiet, there were still 46 members online on Monday. (the most ever being 64)
The only problem being that they didn't post anything.... and therein lies the problem. 

Come on guys, lets here from you!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline mull

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:36 am »
Get what you mean Fester but I am sure what is happening on the Isle of Mull would be of little interest to you in 3 Towns area.

Nice having a place to keep in touch with the area.

$thanx$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:03 pm »
Mull since reading your post this morning I can not get the song "Mull of Kintyre" out of my head.  Taking the dog for a walk earlier and there I am humming the tune.  It's driving me crazy so thanks for that.  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline mull

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 01:12:50 pm »
Hi Pendragon,
Have a look on the map.
Mull of Kintyre is on the mainland, Isle of Mull is a long way north of there.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »
 Z** Have a ood one everybody and  {}{} good fortune be with you in 2013.

Heddwch.

Mike.
Micox