Author Topic: Local Eyesores  (Read 574251 times)

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #600 on: June 22, 2012, 08:03:34 am »
Good point, Ian.  That's also the reason that Clifton Road is narrower than the surrounding Mostyn freehold streets.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #601 on: June 22, 2012, 10:06:48 am »
I agree. They are obviously acting in their own financial interests, but then, don't we all. They do make an effort to carry out renovation work on their properties to a high standard that enhances Llandudno. The refurb/new shopfront at Diskos is a good example.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #602 on: June 22, 2012, 11:24:44 am »
I think they do a good job and they will have their critics but thats life,i just wish they would be a bit more verbal on issues around town.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #603 on: June 25, 2012, 11:24:03 pm »
A Planning Application has been submitted for the derelict Gwrych Castle in Abergele. Plans and artists impressions of the development can be seen here:
http://castelldevelopments.com/gwrych-castle-development-proposals/

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #604 on: June 26, 2012, 06:50:48 pm »
That was interesting. Thanks DaveR.
I always thought this would make a great location for a theme park. A ride like Hex at Alton Towers would really suit the spooky castle look.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #605 on: July 06, 2012, 08:11:14 pm »
The Augusta Apartments in Augusta St, Llandudno. Abandoned since the owner was made bankrupt, this large building is deteriorating rapidly.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #606 on: July 17, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »
I was walking down Arvon Ave today and, either my eyes are playing up, or is the facade of the Clarence Hotel buckling further out?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #607 on: July 17, 2012, 08:49:45 pm »
Looks like the whole lot forward of the big crack is about to come off.
All this rain won't be helping either!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #608 on: July 18, 2012, 08:59:32 am »
The building had serious subsidence problems a few years ago and I can hardly think they have got better over time!  Next thing we will see is a load of supporting scaffolding, keep away  and  danger signs, and we will finish with yet another major blot on the landscape    :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #609 on: July 18, 2012, 10:47:08 am »
Call me a sceptic, but I have a feeling that another 'Penmorfa' situation is on the cards.
The crack in the pic has been there for a very long time, but as Dave says it is bulging in a very ominous manner. There is a very evil smell at that corner as well, hope something isn't about to erupt  :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #610 on: July 18, 2012, 04:11:06 pm »
I think that could be DaveR;s insides after all his burgers

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #611 on: July 18, 2012, 06:10:55 pm »
I think that could be DaveR;s insides after all his burgers
Cheeky! All the walking I do keeps me fit.  ZXZ

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #612 on: July 20, 2012, 07:02:47 am »
What is the latest on the Clarence, i fully expect the station to start in September then work stopping  for one reason or another,this town seems to love cock ups.I wonder how Mostyn Estates are getting on with marketing the Tudno Castle as for CCBC and the Pier Pavillion its buisness as usual.I have got to add the town beach to the list now,the green rocks are awesome.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2012, 01:08:43 am »
I prophesied at the end of 2011 that the eyesore list would be exactly the same at the end of 2012, with perhaps a few additions.

But then I was forced to re-think, as the news about The Clarence, The Tudno Castle, and our noble Mayor's promise to sort out the Pier Pavilion were trumpeted.

But, I fear I was right all along.... and another year of let downs and disappointments will leave us worse than we were.

I also feel that The Grand Hotel is looking dilapidated, tired and unkempt.
It should be added to the eyesores list.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2012, 10:51:19 am »
I agree that The Grand is now not so grand. All the hotels on & around the prom put it to shame. At the back of the hotel (pier side which is seen by all the tourists) it looks very neglected & in the top of all the drainage pipes by the balconies, there are mini gardens.