Author Topic: Friends of the Happy Valley Group  (Read 71572 times)

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
Re: Friends of the Happy Valley Group
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2018, 06:21:55 pm »
The Friends of Happy Valley are also looking to include Haulfre Gardens and we are holding a litter pick this Saturday 13th January at 10am meeting at the tea rooms.
You are most welcome to join us.

Offline Dave

« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2018, 06:27:06 pm »
You're trying to hijack beach volunteers!!!! ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2018, 01:06:13 pm »
Opps we will do it some other time

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #228 on: March 08, 2020, 03:03:00 pm »
Gwinllan is well worth a visit and they are very good people too. They gave The Friends of Happy Valley & Haulfre Gardens a lot of advice and practical help with our Community Vineyard Project in Haulfre Gardens.
They have great wine to taste and to purchase.

Thanks for that, and it is good to hear the community vineyard had their help.

It was good to hear that the vineyard is doing well,    $good$         what other projects are on the go ?

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2020, 04:52:36 pm »
Looking to redesign and replant the Bee & Butterfly garden in Happy Valley this spring dependant on grants for planting and a lot of goodwill from CCBC.
We are also trying desperately to raise thousands of pounds to get the water feature working again. Looking back this was the main thing people on this forum asked about back in 2011 but its a BIG BIG JOB especially for volunteers.
We have refurbished about 60% of the memorial benches in both Happy Valley & Haulfre Gardens and look to do some more this year (if it ever stops raining ) to keep them looking good.

If anyone would care to join us they will be most welcome.

Offline SteveH

Re: Friends of the Happy Valley Group...Conwy Green Flag awards
« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2020, 09:54:36 am »
Conwy celebrates Green Flag awards and Llandudno’s Haulfre Gardens gains gong for first time.                  &well&

FLAGS will be flying at 10 sites across Conwy County in recognition of their excellent visitor facilities, high environmental standards, and commitment to delivering great quality green space.

Keep Wales Tidy has unveiled this year’s Green Flag Award winners – the international mark of a quality park or green space.

The prestigious Green Flag has been awarded to Llandudno’s Haulfre Gardens for the first time, along with repeat awards for the Great Orme Country Park and Happy Valley, Queens Gardens in Colwyn Bay, Cae Derw Park in Llandudno Junction, Pentre Mawr Park in Abergele, Wynn Gardens in Old Colwyn, and the Llanrhos Lawn Cemetery, Bryn Eyryn Allotments and Bodlondeb.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18797791.conwy-celebrates-green-flag-awards-llandudnos-haulfre-gardens-gains-gong-first-time/

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2020, 03:54:45 pm »
We need to find a spare flagpole  $walesflag$

Offline SteveH

Re: Friends of the Happy Valley Group and Haulfre Gardens
« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2021, 02:49:40 pm »
AN INITIATIVE with community groups in Llandudno saw a large amount of rubbish cleared from Haulfre Gardens.  ref Pioneer

Following complaints regarding rubbish being discarded at some beauty spots in the town, PCSO Mike Smith joined the Friends of Happy Valley and Haulfre Gardens groups to help with a litter-pick.

He said: “Haulfre Gardens is very popular, especially with local walkers during the current lockdown restrictions.

"It was heart breaking to see so much rubbish being discarded at such a beautiful location so I was pleased to be able to get involved with the local community groups to help tidy the area to make it a much more pleasant experience for walkers.

“I personally collected two full bags of refuse – which consisted of empty alcohol bottles and cans and plastic water bottles which had just been discarded.

“I would urge anybody who is planning to visit the gardens, or any other local beauty spot, to make sure that they dispose of any rubbish responsibly or take it home with them.

"The selfish actions of a few irresponsible people take the shine off what should be a pleasant walk through lovely gardens."

Regular patrols of the area will continue.

PCSO Smith, who has worked with the Neighbourhood Policing Team in Llandudno for the last 14 years, added: “Community engagement is a key part of policing, and despite the ongoing pandemic, we continue to be keen to further strengthen the relationships we have with local residents, groups and partner organisations.

“The recent clean-up was a great chance to do exactly that, whilst at the same time doing our bit to keep the local area tidy, and provide a visible uniformed presence.”

PCSO Smith covers the Gogarth Ward (West Shore) – which incorporates the Great Orme.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2021, 03:11:15 pm »
Well done PCSO  Mike Smith     $good$

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2021, 03:14:29 pm »
The Friends of Happy Valley & Haulfre Gardens meet every Thursday & 2pm to litter pick and garden. Normally at Happy Valley

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2021, 07:32:20 pm »
Hugo most of that mess is from those that drink and deal/ take drugs up there, we walk it every day some of the are like zombies, and yes the police have been told. 😢

Offline Hugo

« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2021, 09:54:15 am »
Just be careful when you do go past them druggies Norman they just have no sense of normality.      One who must have amassed more than 200 convictions  by now threatened me by a cave in Ty Gwyn Road.
I just walked away, but I think it was the same guy who took a haymaker punch at me when I was walking with two mates in Bethesda.
Luckily for him it didn't connect and he didn't try anything else afterwards other than give me a barrage of verbals

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2021, 11:28:35 am »
Haulfre Gardens has been a no-go area for me for a number of years. I used to walk our last dog all the way round via Abbey Road, West Shore and the gardens, but was warned by a few dog walkers not to go alone because of the druggies up there. I now can't walk much at all, so there is no question of going up there, but there seem to be more and more strange people hanging around the area and sometimes the smell of weed lingers in places. Perhaps age and lack of mobility makes me more wary but I just don't feel safe ! :-\
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2021, 12:01:19 pm »
Perhaps it's just as well that you are not going up there Nemesis.       Some of those druggies have been offered help but it doesn't seem to work with a number of them, it's a really sad situation.       

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2021, 01:34:08 pm »
You are not the only one to have had a run in with that scum on ty gwyn rd 😡, how many years has that big house on ty gwyn rd been a hard drug den, I'm sorry you had the bad experience in Haulfre Nemesis it so annoys me that the police know all about it but nothing has changed, all them cans/ rubbish there is nothing new 😢 The last few years, it's not as if the dealers are driving up there but walk up from church walks, as I have said to the local MP I don't care what the scum do in doors but the youngsters keep getting snared in easy money.😡