Author Topic: Friends of the Happy Valley Group  (Read 71559 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Friends of the Happy Valley
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 02:01:49 pm »
 8) Any one been up the happy valley to see if the water feature is working,i asure you it will be on come bloom judging,they could;nt care less the rest of the time ???

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 04:45:19 pm »
Llandudno Town Council don't care about anything all the time!  The most important thing on the Agenda at every Meeting is "What time is tea".   They have an inflated opinion of themselves and think they God's own gift to the Community.  They strut around as if they own the Town despite the fact that it is falling down around their ears, and they couldn't care less.  I'm with you Wrex!    ZXZ

What self-opinionated and self-important tosser would put a photograph of himself dressed in the Mayoral Robes and Regalia as his Facebook image?  Answers on a postcard please!    L0L   No prizes, and I expect every answer to be correct!     :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »
8) Any one been up the happy valley to see if the water feature is working,i asure you it will be on come bloom judging,they could;nt care less the rest of the time ???
Funnily enough, it was switched on specially last year on the day the judges came.  :laugh:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »
 :( Why are we so complacent when it comes to doing anything for this town,the water feature ever hardly works,bless CCBC they try.The town beach [ha] is never cleaned by the machine they bought years ago, so what, nobody knows what the hell is going on in the station,who cares and when it comes to parking  [electronic] signs ,well we need the money somewhere else. I read someone saying  don;t knock the town it lovely, yes and it will only remain and improve as long as some of us try to pressure the idiots in Bodlondeb too take note. :rage:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 05:59:55 pm »
Not just Bodlondeb Wrex - What about all those so called "representatives of the community" ensconced at great expense in Llandudno Town Hall Council Chamber half a dozen times a month?   They are the ones who should be shouting for us, long, strong and hard.   But when half of them are also on the County Council it is little wonder at their attitude and desire to do nothing to rock the boat.   The whole lot need a bloody great firework up their backside.    WWW

They are very good at doing all the things that are of benefit to themselves, such as the big trough at the table on Civic Sunday, and the trips to Wormhout under the guise of it being our twin.  Has anyone on this Forum ever been on one of the Council Trips to Wormhout?    I certainly haven't.  I do know that some Councillors have been on more than one occasion and I do think that Brian Bertolla has probably been every year since it started.  Maybe he will read this and tell us exactly how many times he has been!  Or is that maybe one of his Masonic (yes he is) secrets?

It is about time they were exposed for what they are and replaced by some people with guts and determination to do something about our Community.   $angry$
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 09:39:40 pm »
 :D Yorkie you know i have been a few times and i must admit it is a brilliant experience,no matter how crap Bertie is with the xmas lights and xmas parade i will give him credit on Wormhout,as a local it gives me great pride to see my town commemerated near Dunkirk and to think that Llandudno soldiers helped hold up the SS in Wormhout then pay the price with their lives being massacured in the barn.The whole experience i must say is a very pleasant experience and the local people a delight. ZXZ

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »
 :( Just had a nice stroll along the West Shore and it was;nt too bad ,then along haulfre gardens, looking very bare of flowers and carried on to the happy Valley where of course there is still no water feature and finally along the prom were the flower beds have not been weeded,shame but looks like Llandudno has taken a big hit in the cuts. :-[

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 09:03:56 am »
 :-*  Did Cll Boyle and Cll J Finch have the water feature on for the bloom judges. :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 09:19:18 am »
:-*  Did Cll Boyle and Cll J Finch have the water feature on for the bloom judges. :laugh:
No doubt it was gushing away for the judge's visit...and it will have been switched off again now.  $angry$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 08:11:18 pm »

I do understand they were both crying profusely!   L0L   L0L
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:21 am »
I was with a Friend of the Forum the other day when he asked a Town Councillor about the water feature in Happy Valley and why it wasn't working. We were told there were two reasons it doesn't work. First reason was that there are newts in the ponds...personally, I thought they might have appreciated a bit of running water but I could be wrong. The second reason...well, we never found that out, as he had to rush off.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 09:59:59 am »
Ah!  Yet another Town or County Councillor flushed with success!    _))*
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 10:12:40 am »
Looks like 'ass scratching baboons' are not only County Councillors, but town Councillors as well.  8)

*Note* A*** is still automatically deleting.  :D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 09:19:59 am »
Anyone heard any more from the Friends of Happy Valley?

I saw this story about the park in Llanrwst:

A COMMUNITY action group in Llanrwst is hoping to redevelop a local park and save its public toilets.

Made up of local business members and residents, the newly formed Llanrwst Community Action Group hopes to create an eye-catching and exciting focal point at Gwydir Park for the community and visitors.

They have approached Conwy County Council to take over the running of the Riverside Cafe, known locally as the cafe on stilts, and turn it into a tourism hub with public toilets, a smoothie bar with sun terrace and visitor information centre.
“We hope to expand the cabin and include a new public toilet using locally sourced, sustainable materials and expertise,” said member Shirley Longley.

“We hope to promote this beautiful stretch of river, market the Llanrwst brand and increase footfall to the park, town and surrounding villages improving the local economy dramatically.
“These are just ideas at the moment, nothing is written in stone, they are just suggestions and we want to hear more from the community as this project is by the community and for the community.
“We hope people will visit our stand at the Llanrwst Show this Saturday to give feedback, or drop off their ideas at either the health shop, bike shop, the New Inn or Asha Balti house.”

Shop owner Cariad Loughlin said the group is trying to get an asset transfer for the cafe.
“We’d then be able to extend and renovate it as a ‘tourist hub’ to provide new public toilets and showers, tourist information, light refreshments, a terrace with picnic tables as well as tables on the grass, lockable bike stands and a bike wash, public information signs and the sale of tourist items like local produce, art, and items from the shops in town hopefully directing people into the town itself. “We also hope to redevelop the play facilities.”

A spokesperson for Conwy County Council said: “The community group has discussed its outline project to develop Gwydir Park with officers.

“We can confirm the cafe’s current tenant has given notice. We will not be seeking a new tenant over the winter and will not be commissioning extensive maintenance work until the future of the cafe has been established.
“Any formal proposals submitted by a properly constituted group will be given full consideration.”

The Llanrwst Rural  Show takes place this  Saturday, August 20 at  Berth Ddu Fields, Betws  Road, Llanrwst.

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2011/08/18/llanrwst-action-group-hopes-to-redevelop-park-and-save-toilets-55243-29258586/

Offline dwsi

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 06:26:34 pm »
The problem with that cafe is that it gets constantly vandalised by the local kids