Author Topic: Friends of the Happy Valley Group  (Read 71536 times)

Offline Blodyn

Re: Friends of the Happy Valley
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 10:29:37 am »
Anyone heard any more from the Friends of Happy Valley?

NO!!

Yesterday evening the lady from Butterfly Conservation and I gave a joint presentation on gardening for butterflies and bumblebees (see reply # 12 on page 1 of this thread).  The event was organised by the Environment Officer at CCBC, who had invited Friends of the various parks in the county.  Some very enthusiastic Friends of Parks in Abergele and Belgrano attended but nobody from Llandudno.  The Friends of West Shore said that they might attend, but didn't, and there didn't seem to have been any response from the Friends of Happy Valley. 

When I originally emailed the organiser of the Friends of Happy Valley, I repeated DaveR's offer of coverage on the Forum and provided the address but I have heard absolutely nothing, not even an acknowledgement of my email.   :(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 10:50:18 am »
What a shame!  :(

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:19 pm »
Yesterday evening the lady from Butterfly Conservation and I gave a joint presentation on gardening for butterflies and bumblebees

How do they cope with spades and garden forks?   ???
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 01:19:30 pm »
It's amazing what they can do!   ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 05:34:27 pm »
I saw this in the Town Council Minutes. A lack of volunteers is hardly surprising!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:25 am »
Yesterday evening the lady from Butterfly Conservation and I gave a joint presentation on gardening for butterflies and bumblebees.

Did the butterflies and bumblebees enjoy the presentation?  :laugh:

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »
Yes, Trojan, they were most impressed!  ;D

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 07:33:41 pm »
Please, please, please try and get the water feature working for Easter and try and keep it going.Ok i know all the excuses the CCBC garden dept have given over the years including breeding newts and waiting for parts for the pump.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 09:12:19 am »
Had a walk through the Valley yesterday,the footings are in for the bandstand.Walked up to the water feature,it does not look as if it has been touched which is a shame as this is the only water feature in Llandudno (ithink).Iwonder why the Liverpool architect never included any when he designed the town,anyway i do hope that FOTHV and CCBC do try to overcome the vandals,newts,etc.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2012, 05:48:22 pm »
Please, please, please try and get the water feature working for Easter and try and keep it going.Ok i know all the excuses the CCBC garden dept have given over the years including breeding newts and waiting for parts for the pump.
Good news, Wrex! Water feature is operational for Easter:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »
up in the morning tyo ave a look

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 10:49:15 am »
Good news, Wrex! Water feature is operational for Easter:

What time was this Dave? It was silent when I passed at 11ish yesterday.(Sat)
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 02:04:17 pm »
Must have been in the afternoon, maybe about 3 ish? I was thinking it hadn't been switched on for long as the bottom pond wasn't very full.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »
Still working but no waterfall,but hey one thing at a time.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 10:40:38 pm »
Friends of Happy Valley

I'm delighted to tell you that the Friends of Happy Valley are now properly under way.  There were about a dozen committed and enthusiastic people at a meeting yesterday evening and there are now plans for some practical projects to start improving the Valley.  As I won't have much time to take part in these myself, I have offered to keep the Forum informed of the Friends' activities and to report back comments and suggestions from the Forum. 

Monday 13 August - Working party
Meet at Headlands Hotel at 10.30 am
Bring gloves and cutters, etc
Aim: to start clearing the area between the Camera Obscura and the Colonnade.

Monday 3 September - Working party
Details as above, to continue this work

Anyone is welcome to come and join in.  With some effort and support Happy Valley can once again become a place to be proud of. 

What is important to you about Happy Valley and what would you like to see there?

$walesflag$