Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 303817 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #585 on: March 17, 2017, 12:31:15 pm »
Looks good Steve,  I was in the Tal Y Cafn Hotel yesterday having lunch and if the inside of the hotel is anything to go by then those log cabins should look very nice indeed.      $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #586 on: April 09, 2017, 03:17:07 pm »
Been for a walk down West shore today, noticed the old West Shore Hotel, now Admiral house looking very smart, lots of for sale signs up, when I got back, I looked up the details on the Beresford site, 9 flats at around £300,000 that's £2.700.000, the old hotel sold for about £500.000 and with no major exterior work, that's a hefty profit.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #587 on: April 27, 2017, 04:27:23 pm »
Been for a walk down West shore today, noticed the old West Shore Hotel, now Admiral house looking very smart, lots of for sale signs up, when I got back, I looked up the details on the Beresford site, 9 flats at around £300,000 that's £2.700.000, the old hotel sold for about £500.000 and with no major exterior work, that's a hefty profit.

Just pray Waldrons application for the Pier Pavilion is refused, if not then watch the flood of applications from North Parade Hotels Owners putting in for change of use. Its utterly ridiculous for Hotel Property to be valued at £300,000 to £400,000  when if converted to apartments would push their value up to well over £1,500,000
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #588 on: April 27, 2017, 05:30:03 pm »
You have got a valid point Blongb  and CCBC should be very careful on Waldron's application and be aware of the implications for other hotels and boarding houses in the town if his application is granted.
It would be better to have no building there rather than one that is totally inappropriate to that area or the town in general

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #589 on: April 28, 2017, 08:51:18 am »

Just pray Waldrons application for the Pier Pavilion is refused, if not then watch the flood of applications from North Parade Hotels Owners putting in for change of use. Its utterly ridiculous for Hotel Property to be valued at £300,000 to £400,000  when if converted to apartments would push their value up to well over £1,500,000
Thanks for the tip, Blongb. I shall start buying up failing/closed hotels along North Parade at rock bottom prices.  $good$  _))*

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #590 on: May 06, 2017, 03:41:17 am »

Thanks for the tip, Blongb. I shall start buying up failing/closed hotels along North Parade at rock bottom prices.

I'll put you down for one of the finished apartments Dave, but it won't be at rock bottom prices, I'm afraid. D) 
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #591 on: May 15, 2017, 05:27:53 pm »
Llandudno's Belmont Hotel reopens after £1.3m refurb
The former guest house for the blind now includes a steakhouse restaurant open to the public.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/llandudnos-belmont-hotel-reopens-after-13036445

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #592 on: May 15, 2017, 07:55:21 pm »
I see they have decided not to change the name .

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #593 on: May 16, 2017, 12:10:11 pm »

Thanks for the tip, Blongb. I shall start buying up failing/closed hotels along North Parade at rock bottom prices.

I'll put you down for one of the finished apartments Dave, but it won't be at rock bottom prices, I'm afraid. D)
That's ok, good to see you will be making a nice profit out of the Pavilion redevelopment.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #594 on: May 17, 2017, 06:36:12 pm »
My OH saw men filling a huge skip outside The Royal. :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #595 on: June 18, 2017, 11:35:30 am »
Rooftop rooms at Llandudno hotel open...take a look around them here
The penthouse rooms have been built on top of the St George's Hotel on the seafront.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/rooftop-rooms-llandudno-hotel-opentake-13195791

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #596 on: June 29, 2017, 09:21:21 am »
The wonderful John Humberstone of Alexandra Hotel fame, now looking after the Grand Ash, has hit the headlines once more with his responses to guests on Trip Advisor.  The review - which is as funny as his response - is here.

I sometime wonder if he does this on purpose, simply to attract more people. I find his responses incredibly funny, though I appreciate others might not think so.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #597 on: June 29, 2017, 10:05:49 am »
I read that, and it led me to another 12 or so previous reviews.
Utterly hilarious, if it didn't represent those poor visitors lives being made a misery.
It seems he has learned nothing from the ridicule he received from that TV documentary.

He's obviously mentally ill, incompetent, or a combination of both.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2017, 10:07:54 am »
He's 59th out of 60 on trip adviser so it's got to be a big improvement on his last hotel.          ;D

Offline Dave

« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2017, 04:41:12 pm »
I'm continually amazed how second rate hotels get away with charging so much for B&B here in the UK. No wonder Brits go abroad and foreign visitors to here probably hesitate coming back.