Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 304375 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #465 on: December 22, 2015, 11:02:29 pm »
It's not cynical, it's just a true fact but the Government should have the brains and the power to go after the bigger companies but for some reason they don't.
Now if I was cynical too then I would think that the directors would own the buildings and then lease them out to the company and if the company went bust then the directors would still own the buildings and would in fact be  creditors  in the liquidation of the company that they had previously been a director of.     ???

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #466 on: December 23, 2015, 07:10:02 am »
MBI seem to have lost their way with the hotel schemes,Harrison hotel room sales seem to have completeley died,only one sold since i last looked months ago.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #467 on: December 23, 2015, 08:42:56 am »
The MBI business model is very suspect if you ask me, doesn't seem to add up. But then I'm hardly an expert with money!
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #468 on: January 29, 2016, 05:16:49 pm »
The Headlands Hotel has finally sold. Ray is off to Australia on Sunday. He's been a great friend and I shall miss him. New owner is expanding, he currently ownes the Brig a Don as well.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #469 on: January 29, 2016, 05:39:35 pm »
It's an iconic building, I really hope the new owner gets the 'Headlands' signage re-installed as a priority.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #470 on: February 01, 2016, 06:39:33 pm »
It's an iconic building, I really hope the new owner gets the 'Headlands' signage re-installed as a priority.

The new owner plans to make a slight change to the name by calling it the Four Saints Headlands Hotel, which is now the second hotel in the Four Saints hotels group.

The old signage which was very smart when it first went up and extremely expensive to buy and install, was made to the specification stipulated by the man from Conwy Council. Unfortunately like most things they get involved with, it proved to be totally unfit for service and ended up being a complete right off, because it couldn't stand up to high winds.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #471 on: February 08, 2016, 05:22:35 pm »
Queens hotel still being marketed by Mbi ,google Harrison hotel and even a picture comes up on one of the invetment companies trying to sell rooms.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #472 on: February 09, 2016, 11:58:50 am »
The 12 bedroom Lindens Hotel (across from the Empire on the corner) is now on the market for just £187,500.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #473 on: February 09, 2016, 12:22:44 pm »
That is a very nice looking property Dave, do you know what the catch is?       It's well below the market  price of  similar properties.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #474 on: February 09, 2016, 01:05:53 pm »
The one where the guy who bought it put those big statues outside ,have the Jewish people bought it Dave sure I seen them coming out of there last week .

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #475 on: February 09, 2016, 01:07:17 pm »
Hugo, shall we place an advert in the NWWN selling each bedroom for £20,000 each with a guaranteed return of around 10% per annum?

Without taking any risk ourselves, we are likely to make a tidy profit.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #476 on: February 09, 2016, 01:29:16 pm »
That is a very nice looking property Dave, do you know what the catch is?       It's well below the market  price of  similar properties.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190724-d496698-Reviews-The_Lindens-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html

No catch Hugo !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #477 on: February 09, 2016, 03:22:55 pm »

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190724-d496698-Reviews-The_Lindens-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html

No catch Hugo !!

It just seems too good to be true Nemesis,  nice location also.       Sounds like a good idea Bri , hope that you'll accept an IOU from me though.     ;D

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #478 on: February 09, 2016, 06:49:52 pm »
Lovely position and an unusual shape, but no parking available, except in the street. If these charges come into being that are planned, as in last week's Pioneer, everywhere will be crammed with people trying not to pay!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #479 on: February 09, 2016, 07:50:10 pm »
Is this a good deal?