Author Topic: Craig Y Don  (Read 88490 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Craig Y Don
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2014, 11:50:37 am »
Linked from BID...

Ref. andyCYD

Craig y Don businesses have started meeting to see how they can promote themselves better and make Craig y Don a destination for customers. The next meeting is this Thursday 4th September at 5:30pm in Coffee V, if anyone is interested.

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »

The Friends of Queens Park Craig y Don have been awarded "Outstanding" by the Royal Horticultural Society and Wales in Bloom in the 2014 It's Your Neighbourhood award.

Awarding 88 out of a possible 100, the judge's report said that "The improvements within this open space have been staggering and have impacted on not only the maintenance of the park but also the development of the infrastructure."

"Actively sourcing funding, undertaking consultations with stake holders and park users whilst working with many organisations to promote the site, has delivered a new playground, additional landscaping, areas for wildlife and tree management improvements."

Well done to all the Friends of the Park who give up their time voluntarily to maintain and develop the park for use of the whole community. This has been a real team effort.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »
Congratulations to everyone involved with the Friends of Queens Park. We were there this afternoon and it is such a well used facility by all members of the community.  $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2014, 05:17:29 pm »
Well done Craig y Don Congratulations to everybody concerned.... $good$    $good$      $good$     $walesflag$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2014, 12:27:30 pm »
A new Fish & Chip shop has opened in Craig Y Don, in Victoria Street. We wish 'Chish & Fips' every success with their new business.  $good$

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2014, 03:40:30 pm »
We had fish/chips from there on Friday well recomend very tasty ,young local couple so I hope they do very well

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2014, 09:16:48 am »
Le Gatte has been sold and is now being run as part of the Poyntons empire. Expect lots of meat on the menu.  $good$

The planned fish & chip shop for the empty shop at the side of CoffeeV will now not be going ahead and the building is back on the market.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2015, 08:47:08 am »
A new Oestopathy Clinic is opening on Mostyn Avenue, in the old Caring Hands office.

Work is underway to renovate the Gate Posts at the entrance to Craig Y Don Park.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:35 pm »
We were enjoying a visit to Craig Y Don Park last Sunday and my Partner commented how nice it would be if there was some sort of catering facility available there to provide snacks and drinks. Whilst I doubt a permanent structure would be feasible, maybe there is scope for someone like Providero to provide quality coffees, teas and cakes from a van, in return for a contribution towards further enhancement work in the park?

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2015, 01:52:54 pm »
DaveR

A tea stall has been discussed a number of times. We all agree it would be great.  I shall raise it with the park committee.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »
DaveR

A tea stall has been discussed a number of times. We all agree it would be great.  I shall raise it with the park committee.
Thanks very much, Andy.  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2015, 05:54:50 pm »
It is wonderful to see the park so busy these days.

I see they are currently rebuilding the main entrance.

I wonder has any consideration been given to rebuilding the former toilet block?

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2015, 08:09:33 am »
Brian

Yes, toilets have been discussed many times. The smaller problem is getting the money to build them.  The bigger problem is getting the Council to approve because of the ongoing cost of cleaning and maintenance.  However, I do know that solutions are being discussed, but don't hold your breath.

Coffee V are happy for non-customers to use their toilets.  They just ask for a donation to their chosen charity (it was St Davids Hospice).  There is a sign saying this in the noticeboard.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2015, 10:59:53 am »
Here’s hoping, Andy, as the number of visitors to the park certainly support a reinstatement of the toilets.

No doubt, our 2 x County Councillors are doing their bit to help.

I assume the general public are still not allowed to use the toilet facilities in the community centre across the road?

I suggest Coffee V speak to one of the 6 x town councillors for our Ward because if they are offering that service to visitors to our village then Coffee V may be entitled to a generous cash payment from Llandudno Town Council in line with the many other local businesses.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2015, 11:21:11 am »
You're right, such places as the Townhouse and King's Arms do it and get a good payment from it.

I never understand why businesses have signs such as 'TOILETS FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY DON'T DARE SET FOOT IN HERE'
Just off putting and makes me not want to visit those places and they seem unfriendly.