Author Topic: Wrestling  (Read 16585 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Wrestling
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 11:01:27 pm »
Never seen him.. but I watched it, and I was impressed.

However, here is the Clown Prince of British Wrestling,  the genius that was Les Kellett.
Here, he takes on the outrageously effeminate Bad Boy Bobby Barnes.   Hilarious.

World Of Sport - Bobby Barnes vs Les Kellett pt.1

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »
One of the greats of the 90s, MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE, here delivering an incomprehensible promo:
Macho Man on Coke!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 11:22:16 pm »
Macho Man Randy Savage, totally insane and unpredictable ... I loved hm... he's a Chameleon?? .... OOOHH YEEAAHH !!  Dig it!

Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 11:37:40 am »
My 6 year old is obsessed with wrestling! Which is great as it gives me a good excuse to be equally obsessed lol I saw the wrestling recently that came to Venue Cymru in the hall and it was a very good night lots of dun. Nothing to when I was a kid and I saw the great Giant Haysyacks in there, but was still lots of laughs and the time flew, would recommend it to anyone with or without kids

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 11:32:01 pm »
A good friend of mine locally, and retired policeman, remembers a brilliant tale from the 70's when he was called to Colwyn Bay to make an arrest when someone damaged a door at the venue.

He had to arrest Giant Haystacks, (a 7 foot and 43 Stone giant) and the Canadian wrestler, Mighty John Quinn.  (roughly 6ft 10 and 25 stone of muscle)

They came to the station amicably, but they could not fit in the police van, nor could handcuffs fir around their massive wrists.

Fester...

Offline Trojan

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 03:03:20 am »
 L0L

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 10:16:15 pm »
Another MACHO MAN promo, as requested by Fester:

Halloween Havok Macho Man Interview

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 08:24:45 pm »
We've talked a little about the MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE in this thread, one of mine and Fester's favourites. Very sad news, therefore, when we found out that he had been killed in a car crash today, after suffering a heart attack whilst driving. He was 58 years old.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 11:51:48 pm »
RIP Macho Man... Oooh YEAH...

Long may you hold the undisputed title of Macho KING... and the Heavyweight Wrestling Title Belt, ...wherever you have gone!  WWW WWW
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 08:14:08 pm »
The 'master of the flying elbow drop' MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE vs KEVIN NASH back in 1999, complete with one of Michael Buffer's classic introductions...

Kevin Nash vs. Randy Savage WCW title

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 09:15:31 pm »
I heard that the Broadway Nightclub were hosting a pro-wrestling event last night.

Despite the show not starting till midnight, I couldn't resist going along as the tickets were only a fiver.
It featured 8 pro-wrestlers from an independent promotion known as Britannia Wrestling Promotions.
http://www.britanniawrestling.co.uk
A very impressive website actually.

It was poorly advertised, hence the attendance was small, but enthusiastic!
The show itself was excellent.
The wrestlers were in great shape, pulled off some great risky moves and delivered a great performance.

Local photographer Andrew Stuart has kindly sent me a few of the 20 million pictures he took last night, and thanks to him I have attached a couple below.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:48 pm »
A wrestling show starting at midnight that is poorly attended. Who'd have guessed?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 09:33:49 pm »
A wrestling show starting at midnight that is poorly attended. Who'd have guessed?

Dave, it was in a nightclub... they don't open til after 11pm.   So the attendance would have been much lower before 11 would it not?  :laugh:
Two other reasons for the poor attendance..
1. Llandudno was a ghost town last night.
2, 'certain people' who said they were coming to the show ... decided not to on the day, ahem,  ;) ;)

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 09:40:40 pm »
But the Boulevard opens at 7pm when it holds the Youthoria events? https://www.facebook.com/events/156193007781226/

It doesn't take a genius to work out that any sort of event held at midnight is not going to pull in the crowds. The organisers must have made a hefty loss, they won't be coming back...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:47 pm »
I would have gone had I been in the country  $walesflag$

Also, they have very good quality Wrestling in the old conference centre at 7 in the evening and that to has been poorly attended both times I have been