Author Topic: Art & Artists  (Read 21498 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Art
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »
The blue vase was from the auction last Tuesday, the smaller vases were my father's. a nice collection building up now!  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline ogh47

Art and Artists
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 12:30:52 pm »
it would be nice to add this section to the site ,showing a collection of scenic paintings done locally in our area , some of which I have recently come across exhibiting a collection from  an artist who lived in the Deganwy area in his latter years   - Joshua Anderson Haigue - "Piles of Sheafs" seems to be located from Warren Drive facing the old village of Tywyn ....I shall add other's from this artist in due course , maybe you can help me where the artist had placed his easel for its subject and also add your own findings ....

Offline ogh47

Re: Art and Artists
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:24 pm »
here's another one from Joshua Anderson Haigue - "A Fisherman's Cottage" a scene from behind the now " Vardre Ave" mountain path - looking westward ...

Offline ogh47

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »
another from the same area - more towards the quarry  ...this artist passed away in 1916 in Deganwy ...so all these paintings would be prior to this date ...In 1877 he moved to Tywyn near Conwy in North Wales. Here he founded, with Edward Norbury, at Plas Mawr, the Royal Cambrian Academy in 1881 and became its Vice President. In 1889 he moved to Deganwy where he spent the rest of his life.

Offline ogh47

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 01:43:22 pm »
it would be nice to add this section to the site ,showing a collection of scenic paintings done locally in our area , some of which I have recently come across exhibiting a collection from  an artist who lived in the Deganwy area in his latter years   - Joshua Anderson Hague - "Piles of Sheafs" seems to be located from Warren Drive facing the old village of Tywyn ....I shall add other's from this artist in due course , maybe you can help me where the artist had placed his easel for its subject and also add your own findings ....

Offline ogh47

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 01:47:03 pm »
artist surname should read Hague ..not Haigue !!

Offline Yorkie

Re: Art & Artists
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »
Are any of these for sale?   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 07:20:55 pm »
just fabulous

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 08:22:04 pm »

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 09:09:55 pm »
Amazing !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2018, 02:59:30 pm »
I was saddened to read about the Glasgow School of Art's fire yesterday, I knew the building well, having worked nearby for many years, an iconic piece of Glasgow's history, todays news seems devastating, it will be a major restoration if not impossible.

The Mackintosh building was completed in 1909 based on designs by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Scotland's most-lauded designer.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44509670

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2018, 03:16:06 pm »
It's terrible news, the latest fire was far worse than 4 years ago! I hope they can rebuild it, bit what is causing the fires?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2018, 03:49:36 pm »
The first one was started by a student's project that caught fire through being placed too close to a heater.  No idea abut this one, though.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 12:20:06 pm »
Not unexpected, but extremely sad news.

Glasgow School of Art in danger of 'sudden collapse'

Parts of the Glasgow School of Art Mackintosh building are to be dismantled after it was ravaged by fire earlier this month.
Glasgow City Council said surveys had revealed substantial movement in the building's walls and that a sudden collapse of parts of it was likely.
Work to partially dismantle sections of the building is expected to begin as a "matter of urgency".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44497880

Offline SteveH

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2019, 10:28:54 am »
I likes these pieces of street art.