Author Topic: Schools in the Three Towns area  (Read 30287 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Schools in the Three Towns area
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 07:14:16 pm »
That's more like it.  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 07:28:38 pm »
There is also that wonderful fast moving English Institution known as Cricket.

CRICKET: As explained to a foreigner..
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

_))*  _))*  _))*

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2011, 08:47:24 pm »
Barbiroli has kindly sent in this photo the Great Orme School in 1949-50:

[smg id=2465]
(Click photo to see larger version)

Back Row (L-R)
Miss Wynne (Infants Teacher), Unknown, David Hobson, Barbara Pulling, Daniel Jones, Rhys Davies, Linda Jones, Mr. Jones (Headmaster)

Centre Row:
Roger Thomas, Carol Wedge, Joan Burrows, Unknown, Unknown, Graham Roberts, Sandra Kincaid

Front Row:
Wendy Smith, Unknown, Rosemary Hobson, Paul Evans, Denise Burrows, Patricia McEwan

Can anyone fill in the four missing names?

Offline Dave E

Re: Schools in the Three Towns area: Dyffryn Rd school photo.
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 09:57:16 am »
That looks like me on the front row sat in the centre, curly blonde hair and a frown.

Offline Jelly Baby

Does anyone remember the Welsh School on Conway Road?
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2015, 02:07:35 pm »
It was just down from the Red Garages and used to look like a prefab. The kids who went there were taught everything in Welsh. People to find it strange when I tell them (to my great shame!) I had to learn Welsh as a foreign language.  :-[
In John Bright's there were 3 levels of Welsh classes: 1. For fluent Welsh speakers; 2. For Welsh speakers who were not necessarily fluent and 3. Us lot, learning it as a foreign language! And let's face it, if you couldn't speak Welsh, you'd never get a teaching job this side of Chester!
I wouldn't have minded so much really, but my Mother DID speak Welsh but wouldn't do so at home because she had married a Saes!!  :'(
Does anyone have a pic of the old Welsh School by any chance?