Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 103913 times)

Offline Mr Tunnock

Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2014, 10:22:55 am »
This is our first week with the new trolley that has all the recycling in one place, provided by Conwy CBC, and we have found it very difficult to place all our paper, plastic and packaging in the  said contraption, we prefer the old bags for the purpose of recycling.
I wouldn't call this progress.
Hello by the way, a long time reader of this forum but a new member.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2014, 10:31:44 am »
Welcome to the Forum.

It does seem a complicated system; why CCBC couldn't have adopted the system in Denbighshire whereby all recycling goes into one wheelie bin, I don't know?

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2014, 10:34:56 am »
Welcome to the Forum.

It does seem a complicated system; why CCBC couldn't have adopted the system in Denbighshire whereby all recycling goes into one wheelie bin, I don't know?

Does it stop all the rubbish from getting blown all over the place????

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2014, 10:38:22 am »
why CCBC couldn't have adopted the system in Denbighshire whereby all recycling goes into one wheelie bin, I don't know?

Wirral uses the same system.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2014, 10:47:23 am »
Welcome to the Forum.

Does it stop all the rubbish from getting blown all over the place????
Yes, it works well. You have one wheelie bin for rubbish, one for all your recycling and one for garden waste.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »
Mr Tunnock,  welcome to the Forum,
I particularly like your famous Tunnock's Tea Cakes,  which are in fact not Tea Cakes at all, but more of an addictive marshmallow and jam mixture, on a biscuit base... enrobed in chocolate!

The wrappers of said 'Tea Cakes' are not suitable for recycling either, as they are (or used to be) metal foil.

If pushed however, I also enjoy enjoy your Caramel Wafers, but you have resorted to making them somewhat smaller over the years!  &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

• Management board member

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2014, 04:16:47 pm »
Thank you Hollins and indeed Fester!
It is the caramel wafers that I am addicted to and have been form many years now, before that it was the Marks and Spencer caramel wafers that were also wrapped in foil, gold at that!
I notice most of life's nicer things have all gone smaller over the years, if only my tummy were the same.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2014, 05:23:50 pm »
Mr Tunnock,  welcome to the Forum,
I particularly like your famous Tunnock's Tea Cakes,  which are in fact not Tea Cakes at all, but more of an addictive marshmallow and jam mixture, on a biscuit base... enrobed in chocolate!

The wrappers of said 'Tea Cakes' are not suitable for recycling either, as they are (or used to be) metal foil.

If pushed however, I also enjoy enjoy your Caramel Wafers, but you have resorted to making them somewhat smaller over the years!  &shake&
Tunnocks do make exceedingly good cakes...  $good$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »
We await said' contraption', but have had to ask for measurements due to the fact that we have quite a narrow back gate as well as 2 lots of steps which it will have to be dragged up and through. They have been given (620mm) wide, but we have been told that if the 'contraption is not suitable for our premises it will be removed !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2014, 02:02:28 pm »
Well, if you take a look around the Great Orme area today, the Re-cycling effort by CCBC has come off the rails completely.

There are Trolley Boxes strewn everywhere, all separated from their trollies.
There are also many lids, broken off from the plastic boxes, all around the roads.
Those who use bags will have all on finding them ever again,  many of them are 30ft up in trees.

Worst of all though, there are glass bottles (broken mostly) all over the road sides.
Very dangerous for kids, animals and cars alike.

Fester...

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2014, 03:17:33 pm »
I drove through Mochdre earlier and it was the same.
Trollies lying on the floor and boxes all over the place!
Back to the drawing board methinks.
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:28 pm »
Not Mike Priestley's finest hour...  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2015, 11:20:49 pm »
Interesting,  I heard on the news that Recycling totals has actually started to FALL in many parts of Wales.
Well, I think I know the main reasons why!

About 70% of what I recycled last week, (and similar amounts for all my neighbours) is strewn around the Great Orme's hedgerows, roadsides and gardens.  Due to high winds, and overloaded bins..... but why?

The fact is, in our area we were given a collection date of 2nd January, for the mountain of Xmas recycling.
But they NEVER TURNED UP to collect!   Thereby creating a massive overflow...... most of which has to be slammed into the general waste, and hence sent to landfill.  They never turned up for the whole of the next week either, and still have not.

We have kept our part of the bargain for too long.... outsorting all this stuff in all weathers.  However CCBC have not kept theirs, therefore my recycling efforts are being ''down scaled'' 
Fester...

Offline hollins

« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2015, 08:53:50 am »
Our last collection was December 18th. Hope they come today!