Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 20734 times)

born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2016, 01:40:17 PM »
More and more people are complaining about this now - I've seen three posts on my facebook just this morning. Isn't there a petition or demonstration or some action that can be done?

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »
Our black bin was due to be emptied 10 days ago. My wife 'phoned the Environment dept and was assured it would be done. She made three more calls over several days and I eventually filled in the form on the website.  All to no avail. Today, at 1220, I emailed Dave Cowans who has responsibility for the department. At 1410 it was emptied.

It shouldn't take having to 'phone the cllr in charge for a response. But many thanks and Kudos to Dave Cowans.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2017, 03:27:48 PM »
I noticed on Thursday, the garden waste team in new Biffa overalls, is it just this team or is all waste services contracted out ?

TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2017, 04:45:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I noticed on Thursday, the garden waste team in new Biffa overalls, is it just this team or is all waste services contracted out ?
Maybe that would explain why they didn't bother taking mine away this week and resulted in me having to take  it to Mochdre tip in the back of the car.

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
Recycling body criticises Pringles and Lucozade packaging.

The Recycling Association named them in a list of products that pose the biggest challenges for reuse.

Informative article.....  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »
I saw a guy on TV yesterday talking about those packages and some containers, for example Coffee Mate are as bad as the Pringles package.
They contain a number of different materials and I never know which stacker bin they should go in. 

Fester

• Ad Free Member
  • El Baldito
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2017, 12:55:59 AM »
I keep trying to weigh up cleaning fluid bottles and various types of food packaging....

My next door neighbour ( a CCBC Manager who was instrumental in bringing in the stacker bins scheme)  kept telling me I was wrong, ... so from that that point on, I gave up, they go to landfill... simple!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -