Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 354063 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1215 on: July 01, 2017, 06:04:49 pm »
Life shortening stuff dealing with TalkTalk.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1216 on: July 02, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »
Ian, don't ask me how I have done it,  but after going round and round in circles I eventually was able to e-mail Amazon with my complaint.
It will be interesting to hear what they have to say in reply.

When I returned the 3rd incorrect item I did put a hand written complaint in with the package but we seem to be dealing with robots here and it's not really good customer service on Amazon's part

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1217 on: July 03, 2017, 08:05:08 am »
Hugo:  if you follow the link I sent you they will try to show you (on that page) your most recent order.  Ignore that and go below to the options.

The first option is Select an issue so you should choose "Other Order Issues"

That evokes a second question which asks

Select issue details at which point you choose "Something else".

At that point the magic screen with three options appears. That shows

Email      Phone     Chat

Choose Phone.  They ask you when you'd like them to 'phone you. I always choose  'Now' because, when you do, the 'phone rings almost instantly and within ten seconds you're dealing with an Amazonian who - depending on the time zone - might be from Australia, Canada, Fiji or Ireland. I've never had less than excellent service from them.

I suspect that what they're doing with the process is forcing people to think about why they want to contact Amazon. It is the main issue with online retailers that if they make the 'contact us' route too accessible people ring them all the time for things which they could easily discover. Not defending them, because I well remember the first experience I had trying to contact them and it was intensely frustrating.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1218 on: July 03, 2017, 08:40:06 am »
Thanks very much for that advice Ian,   I've kept a copy of it for future reference should I have any more problems.        I prefer to e-mail rather than phone up as I like to be able to read their response in my own time.
Also as in the case of Talk Talk I refused to communicate with them other than by letter and as it turned out I had the documentary evidence to take them to the County Court if I had to have done.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1219 on: July 03, 2017, 10:07:43 am »
That's funny I had a very similar problem with Amazon over the weekend myself. I used the call back button Ian suggested and hopefully it is getting resolved now - we live in hope. They said that 'I refused the delivery' In fact after waiting in all day there was no delivery! I can only assume they went to the wrong house. You'd think they would use common sense if they turn up at a house and somebody says I haven't ordered anything from you, go away! - just phone me and I'll give you directions. But no it was returned straight back to Wigan and the order cancelled!  $angry$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1220 on: July 03, 2017, 10:15:16 am »
I had the same episode with Groupon. I ordered 4 pillows, which when I tracked them were in Maidstone. An hour later they arrived here. Groupon still don't seem to get it into their heads that I have the pillows thankyou and they are still looking for them !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline mull

« Reply #1221 on: January 08, 2018, 12:42:32 pm »
I have just lost a post I was about to enter on the Grace Ellen Jones site.
Iwas about to enter it when it flashed up another forum member had just posted, would i like to view it before entering.

Is there anyway of retrieving my post as i dont want to have to start writing it again ?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1222 on: January 08, 2018, 01:13:50 pm »
Not if you didn't then press 'Post'.  All it's doing is alerting you to the fact that since the previous post someone else has just posted. Your post would have remained in the buffer until you left the page.  Then it's lost, I'm afraid. Best to ignore that particular warning.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline mull

« Reply #1223 on: January 12, 2018, 11:09:43 am »
Having all sorts of problems at the moment.
Last weekend Windows 10 decided to update me without my asking for it. Since then I have had to try and get past this Cortana thing which is driving me mad. If it asks me ,what do you want me to do and I reply "F*** O** ) and it still wont go away.

Something is now stopping me replying to posts on this forum. Can anyone tell me how to restore the reply button please.
Helig has come up with some information for me on Grace Ellen Jones and I wish to reply.

Why does Windows do this ? I was happy with it as it was and am capable of managing my own life without them interfering.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1224 on: January 12, 2018, 11:36:24 am »
How did you manage to do this post? Is it on the same computer?

Offline mull

« Reply #1225 on: January 12, 2018, 02:23:22 pm »
Hi Ian,

For some reason box came up asking me to Log in again with name and password which I did.
It is not just this site over the past few days I have had to log in and try and remember passwords for most other sites including email.
Believe me it has been a real pain,  I have got more going on in my life than just sitting at a computer for hours updating stuff.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1226 on: January 12, 2018, 02:51:23 pm »
Ah.  I think I see, now. W10 has decided to make your computer more secure...

I would recommend downloading FF latest edition which will remember all your passwords. But I'm Apple, so I don't really know a lot about MS stuff, other than people seem to get pretty annoyed by it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:01:05 pm by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1227 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:08 am »
It sounds like Microsoft has wiped all your cookies following the update.
I had a similar problem about 3 years ag.
Frustrating, but I just had to log out and sign back in to all the sites where I had passwords stored, to make it ‘remember me’ again.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
Annoying Ad
« Reply #1228 on: January 30, 2018, 03:47:11 pm »
What is an Ad Free Member on Three towns Forum ?  I am getting a very annoying ad that has started recently on here, telling me I have a chance of winning an Apple product from Prize World, any suggestions as to how I stop it ?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Annoying Ad
« Reply #1229 on: January 30, 2018, 03:55:49 pm »
Ad free membership kicks in automatically once you exceed a certain number of posts.  We have adverts as that's one way in which we finance the cost of running the forum. As you seem to be ad free I"ll take a peek and see what the probeom is.

Can I ask do any other ad free members see the ads?