Author Topic: Red Garages  (Read 27598 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Red Garages
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 09:54:56 pm »
I had an Austin Montego and two Rovers from M&K. In its latter days it had a Fiat agency.

Offline Lindajones

Re: Red Garages - Ken Pumps Ken Red
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2022, 08:36:09 pm »
Hiya,

I don't know if anyone will see this as it's been a while since anyone has posted.

I was wondering if anyone has any photos of my Taid, Ken Jones when he worked at the Red Garages from the 1950's till the 1990's.

He'd love to hear any memories or see any photos that anyone might have.

All the best,
Beth 

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2022, 01:59:21 am »
First left in the back row?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2022, 08:00:28 am »
Nice one Brian I looked on Gwyn Hughes,s soccer page but couldn?t find any,  their are some on the red garage site somewhere.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2022, 04:58:31 pm »
You must have missed it, Norman.

http://www.soccerscrapbook.co.uk/llandudno-amateurs-196566-onwards/

There are quite a few on there of Beths Taid.

Offline Lindajones

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2022, 11:31:51 am »
Thanks so much Brian. We haven't seen a lot of these photos. My Taid will love looking at these pics. Thanks again.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2022, 03:21:36 pm »
You are most welcome, Linda.

Offline John Willie

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2022, 02:44:06 pm »
Memories of the Red Garages are the two chaps that worked on the pumps, Jock and Ken I think. You could get a tiger's tail from them as part of an Esso promotion and also bullet holes for your car windows 007 style. There was the car showroom that smelled of polish and new cars had trays beneath to catch the leaking oil. And the illuminated signs Humber Hillman Singer Commer Karrier - they have a set on the wall in the tv programme Bangers & Cash maybe the same ones. And a friendly salesman who always said hello. There was a chap called Wilkes who lived in Penrhyn Bay and also Winstanley too. There was an accessory shop on the corner of the Reds and the car sales compound behind the showroom where you could walk through to The Kiosk where Olwen worked. It had a repeating neon sign saying Players Please. Next door at Creams booking office was the contour map of north Wales in a case with snow on top of Snowdon. In the early '60s there was a coach park opposite the Reds by the football ground. There was an ice cream caravan at one entrance with Mrs Jones serving and a chap in a brown coat at the other entrance taking money for the coaches, I think he composed TV themes. There was a toilet block in the car park with brass machines on the doors that took an old penny. I recall Harold Wilson standing on a soap box on the coach park spouting something, also Stanley Matthews played at the football ground once. Contractors came to convert the town to natural gas and they camped out there in double decker buses - Turriff I think the company was called.