Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613362 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2010, 08:02:58 pm »
Funny you should say that, I too had noticed far less on my usual walks.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 08:08:08 pm »
Most of the escapees were rounded up and despatched to the abattoir. There may still be a few holdouts dodging the golfballs in Haulfre gardens.  :P

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:00 pm »
A new business called "Stitch in."  Rather a strange name to pick----too close to "Stitch up" for my liking.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2010, 08:28:51 pm »
A new business called "Stitch in."  Rather a strange name to pick----too close to "Stitch up" for my liking.
I may have got it wrong, it was certainly 'Stitch something'!  ;D Its in the old Baxters Photography shop on Vaughan Street.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 12:04:32 am »

Mike ...is there some reason why you are choosing to ignore my earlier questions?
  .. if so, just tell me,  I'm married so well used to being ignored...

Fest.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 07:43:29 am »
 _))* _))* _))*

"I met my wife in the tunnel of love  She was digging it..."
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 10:06:00 am »
_))* _))* _))*

"I met my wife in the tunnel of love  She was digging it..."

L0L I love those one liners

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 08:47:52 pm »
Fester----most certainly NOT. I don't often ignore anyone, I'm more likely to give them a piece of my mind than ignore. BUT I MOST DEFINATELY WOULD NEVER IGNORE YOU. Sorry you thought it possible.  Now I'll have to end this post so I can go back in the forum to find what you have been asking me!!!!   Hopefully my replieswill be sent in the next half hour  Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2010, 09:06:13 pm »
Hello again, especially Fester. I found your queries, sorry I missed the page. No, no more trouble, I havent seen anyone really. Ive got the two clubs back---a local spotted them in the woods overlooking Haulfre Gardens, more or less in line with the "attacked" house. What I think has happened, someone spotted my box with the clubs and balls )that idea of honesty golfing----thats been abandoned)  They helped themselves as they walked down to Llandudno, when they got closer to town they just belted a few balls in the general direction of houses below and then threw the clubs away. It looks as if they were "shot" from outside my patch,  but only just. As to cost of repairing the window, well I must remind you that the broken window belongs to a fellow forum member and reader. As soon as I met him I accepted full responsibility, I should never have left the balls unattended!!!   Its in the hands of the Police now. You live and learn.   As to the sheep, sadly, for them, the only place you will see them now is on the lamb chop menue in Fountains.  Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 10:03:10 pm »
Hello again, especially Fester. I found your queries, sorry I missed the page. No, no more trouble, I havent seen anyone really. Ive got the two clubs back---a local spotted them in the woods overlooking Haulfre Gardens, more or less in line with the "attacked" house. What I think has happened, someone spotted my box with the clubs and balls )that idea of honesty golfing----thats been abandoned)  They helped themselves as they walked down to Llandudno, when they got closer to town they just belted a few balls in the general direction of houses below and then threw the clubs away. It looks as if they were "shot" from outside my patch,  but only just. As to cost of repairing the window, well I must remind you that the broken window belongs to a fellow forum member and reader. As soon as I met him I accepted full responsibility, I should never have left the balls unattended!!!   Its in the hands of the Police now. You live and learn.   As to the sheep, sadly, for them, the only place you will see them now is on the lamb chop menue in Fountains.  Mike

Hi Mike,
I wondered if you were trying to blot out the issue from your memory.. I knew you wouldn't ignore me as such .. I was just interested to know what had transpired.
So there WAS actually a window broken then?
I have to say that I wouldn't have held you responsible ... its called either ''criminal damage'' or '' accidental damage'' ... and covered on ones house insurance.  Just a get a crime number from the hapless copper and away you go.
Instead I hope our fellow Forum member showed solidarity with you and assisted you in your pursuit of these hoodlums. (I am sure they did)
 $3towns$

Fester...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 10:24:07 am »
Noticed this morning that Mainframe have now got goods displayed in the old 'Spanish Castles and Penumbra ' shop
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 07:33:19 pm »
 :o I was told last nite that the rent for the old halfords store is 200,000 a year rent,that is serious money. :-X

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2010, 07:44:12 pm »
Hello to Fester, This is getting towards a personal message board between us---perhaps I'll email anything else on this subject. I must say that I, personally, havent seen the broken window. Not that a broken window would mean very much---I am not suggesting for a minute that this has happened here, but IF anyone was devious enough, a window broken earlier on could be "pulled out of the hat" if anyone wanted compensation.  Ive had this done to me by a private car owner in Paris. Mirrors touched in the Champs Elise or whatever else its called. When I looked at the car, half the side was knocked in. I reckoned the driver did it weeks before and was just driving around until such time as he saw a large left hand drive bus somewhere, then just touched it.As to the group of seven youngsters---another possible suspect has come to light, nothing to do with them. This suspect fits into the facts a bit better. Unless the Police come up with something I doubt if I will ever find out for sure

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »
:o I was told last nite that the rent for the old halfords store is 200,000 a year rent,that is serious money. :-X
No wonder its empty!  :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2010, 08:07:01 pm »
Mike ...

So you've had a bad experience with a mischievous French 'Driver' .... and now its due to an errant '7 Iron' ..

I don't know how you PUTT up with it !!

L0L L0L _))*
Fester...