Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611951 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7485 on: April 28, 2017, 03:12:07 pm »
Just been out with the dog and was stopped by a couple going on to Travelodge. The new sign in the car park says maximum parking is for 10 hours. It is now 3 pm, so if they park overnight they will catch both ends of the warden’s shift if they stay there till tomorrow morning. They said ‘ did I know if what the sign inferred was correct’. I went and read it, it doesn’t say ‘No overnight parking’, but it does say specifically maximum parking time 10 hours, so no wonder all the roads around are clogged solid. People daren’t leave their vehicles in case they get fined !

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #7486 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:55 pm »
Good news - I have just driven down the right-hand side lane of Conway Road past Parc Llandudno, then round the front of the Tudno Castle Hotel and back along Mostyn Broadway.
Llandudno hotel demolition road closure to end in time for extravaganza

The demolition of the façade on Mostyn Broadway is now complete, and removal of the debris will take place over the next week or so.
As the hotel is listed, the façade will be rebuilt as it was before the demolition.

As a precaution, an engineer will be on site all weekend to continue monitoring the remaining structure and digital monitoring will be in place from next week.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/llandudno-hotel-demolition-road-closure-12954635
Anyone checked it for asbestos I wonder? lots of dust

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7487 on: April 29, 2017, 11:29:25 pm »
That's a good point as asbestos may have been used there at some time in it's history.    The point should have come out in the planning application but I couldn't see the application on line to see what they had put about dangerous materials

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7488 on: May 08, 2017, 01:41:44 pm »
Whilst having breakfast outside a very sunny Kava today, I noticed a guy filming outside Digby Antiques, (which is more like a 2nd hand shop than an antique shop really)
He was filming a guy in a striped jacket, who looked like he'd purchased some pottery and he seemed very pleased with it.

Outside, he regaled passers by with his great bargain, and when a lady asked what it was all about, he said it was for an episode of BBC Antiques Roadshow, to be aired in November.
They seemed most excited, as was the lady running the shop.

The suspicious side of me noticed that there was no BBC logo on the camera,  no lighting or sound crew, nor do I ever remember Antiques Roadshow presenters going to shops to buy things.
That's more like that mahogany coloured bloke who's name escapes me.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7489 on: May 08, 2017, 01:54:01 pm »
Whilst having breakfast outside a very sunny Kava today, I noticed a guy filming outside Digby Antiques, (which is more like a 2nd hand shop than an antique shop really)
He was filming a guy in a striped jacket, who looked like he'd purchased some pottery and he seemed very pleased with it.

Outside, he regaled passers by with his great bargain, and when a lady asked what it was all about, he said it was for an episode of BBC Antiques Roadshow, to be aired in November.
They seemed most excited, as was the lady running the shop.

The suspicious side of me noticed that there was no BBC logo on the camera,  no lighting or sound crew, nor do I ever remember Antiques Roadshow presenters going to shops to buy things.
That's more like that mahogany coloured bloke who's name escapes me.

I think they meant Antiques Road Trip, they've filmed previous series in this area.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7490 on: May 08, 2017, 03:54:16 pm »
The lack of sound is curious.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7491 on: May 08, 2017, 05:22:40 pm »

If you've ever seen the programme it is heavily voiced over by Tim Wonnacot giving a running commentary so it would make sense that just a cameraman was following the 'expert'. There are usually two so I assume they split up and the other one was at another dealer.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Jack

« Reply #7492 on: May 08, 2017, 06:05:28 pm »
Antiques Roadtrip were in Caernarfon as well today so probably that

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7493 on: May 08, 2017, 06:43:54 pm »
If you've ever seen the programme it is heavily voiced over by Tim Wonnacot giving a running commentary so it would make sense that just a cameraman was following the 'expert'. There are usually two so I assume they split up and the other one was at another dealer.

Normally, in any filming, there's background sounds, called 'wildtrack'. Sometimes it's simply ambience but they usually have at least a two-man crew on all filming, precisely because you can't go back easily to get that sound just when it happened.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7494 on: May 09, 2017, 12:30:49 am »

It wasn't Tim Wottacunt but, another chappie in a stripey jacket who looked very smug.
However, you've put my mind at rest somewhat.
Fester...

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7495 on: May 09, 2017, 07:39:09 am »
Thank you Fester..that made me laugh out loud!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7496 on: May 09, 2017, 01:26:05 pm »

It wasn't Tim Wottacunt but, another chappie in a stripey jacket who looked very smug.
However, you've put my mind at rest somewhat.

Been on the pop Fester? Or was that deliberate?

Just as an aside Tim Wonnacot only does The Antiques Road Trip now. He doesn't present Bargain Hut any more. Perhaps the chap in the striped jacket was Charles Hanson. A nicer chap you couldn't meet !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7497 on: May 09, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »
Both actually Nem!

I've just looked on Google, it was definitely him.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7498 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:50 am »
We are on Dickinson again this afternoon,  this time with 2 country chairs. 2pm, ITV1   D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7499 on: May 15, 2017, 10:28:25 am »
Sky planner is set.  X:((