Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615977 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7530 on: June 15, 2017, 07:04:48 pm »
The time to 'destroy nests of herring gulls is long overdue.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7531 on: June 17, 2017, 01:37:53 pm »
Homeless to be 'sent to stay on a farm' after Llandudno refuge shut down
David Hampson-Miller has been told he can no longer use the property in Caroline Road as a refuge after a series of complaints

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-homeless-caroline-road-miller-13199473

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7532 on: June 17, 2017, 08:44:25 pm »
I bumped into Mr and Mrs Bri Roberts today, and Bri mentioned a planning notice posted on a lamp post on North Parade.
It was regarding CCBC changing the designation of the street to allow street trading!
I took a look, and then I saw others around town too. Notably on Gloddaeth St.

The wording suggested as though they have decided to allow street trading in many such areas, and they are just seeking any feedback, not 'objections' as such.

Anyone shed any more light on what's going on, and why?
Don't want to scaremonger, but this 'could' change the entire character of Llandudno.
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #7533 on: June 18, 2017, 04:12:11 pm »
I agree, Fester, the residents deserve an explanation as to what is happening and what is changing?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7534 on: June 18, 2017, 04:18:41 pm »
A number of we locals have discussed this and involved our local councillor. It appears that there is some desire to have a market of some sort here, but this is the answer which we got earlier this week.

Street Trading Review

Conwy County Borough Council is proposing to allow street trading on many of the streets in Llandudno where it is currently prohibited. This is a REVIEW and it relies on the opinions of the local residents. You all have till 10th July 2017 to have your say. You must email licensing@conwy.gov.uk. Please feel free to copy ME into this email NOT Harry. Harry Saville sits on the Licensing Committee and he is expected to make an unprejudiced decision based on information available to the Committee when it comes up for discussion.

I have spoken to John Donnelly this morning who is Head of Licensing and came to a recent FOWS Meeting. He was approached 12 months ago by Councillors and potential street traders to look at the prohibitions in the whole of the County. Within Llandudno my thoughts are that has something to do with the Colwyn Bay Market Traders wanting to put a market on the Market Street Car Park (the large one behind the Town Hall). He said this is very much ‘a review’, it does not mean the streets names will be flooded with burger vans within the near future! If some streets become a street trading area, the street traders still have to apply for a license and as with the tea/coffee van at West Shore, they have to be seen to ‘fit in’ with the area.

The streets named in the attached document include all streets within 50m of a currently prohibited area for street trading so don’t panic if you see a clearly residential street being listed.

Residents don’t have to have a specific reason to complain (unlike planning). They can say they ‘just don’t want it’ but if you can provide justification in your email that all helps.

The currently prohibited area from the car park at West Shore to the start of Marine Drive is on the list for review, i.e. the whole length of West Shore promenade. But don’t panic, get your emails into licensing and I’ll keep you informed if I hear anything. I will also being doing a letter drop to the affected areas next week.

Please find attached the relevant information.

Louise Emery

Chairman Friends of West Shore

07768 793874

I think I have kept the so named attached information. I will look.

Sorry I haven't kept those as they duplicated what was posted in the public domain.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7535 on: June 18, 2017, 04:41:25 pm »
Great information Nemesis thanks.
Why oh why do these council notices have to be so deliberately vague?
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7536 on: June 18, 2017, 04:45:48 pm »
Thank you, Nem.

I cannot understand why something so significant has not yet made the front page of the NWWN.

Perhaps, it will be next Wednesday or has Tom now moved on?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7537 on: June 18, 2017, 05:15:37 pm »
Nem. Thank you for the for the heads up, I will contact them ASAP with my objections.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7538 on: June 25, 2017, 12:36:22 pm »
Llandudno to be at centre of national Armed Forces Day 2018
The town, which locals say has a 'deep affiliation' with the forces, will hold the main event for the UK next year.

A North Wales town will be at the centre of next year’s national Armed Forces Day.
Llandudno will play host to the centrepiece event in 2018, when Armed Forces Day celebrates its 10th anniversary.

Earl Howe, Defence Minister for the Lords, said: “Llandudno represents a superb venue for next year’s celebrations and I’m sure the town will bring together the whole nation in celebrating our Armed Forces.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/llandudno-hold-centrepiece-event-national-13235697

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #7539 on: June 25, 2017, 01:00:53 pm »
We went to Conway yesterday to see the medieval and jousting day ,Conway has got it right no fair ground tat all stall holders dressed appropriately and the jousting was exceptional a good day was had by all . Had lunch at Erskine food and service was good ,if they keep the rowdy element out at night it will be a success

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #7540 on: June 26, 2017, 02:09:24 pm »
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Deganwy Like Right Now?
« Reply #7541 on: June 30, 2017, 10:31:13 am »
Deganwy Marina put up for sale for £2.5m
The marina has been placed on the market by the Crown Estate.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/deganwy-marina-put-up-sale-13260824

Offline Dave

Re: What's Deganwy Like Right Now?
« Reply #7542 on: June 30, 2017, 04:43:05 pm »
Deganwy Marina put up for sale for £2.5m
The marina has been placed on the market by the Crown Estate.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/deganwy-marina-put-up-sale-13260824

Can't be making enough return if they are selling it off I wouldn't have thought!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7543 on: July 02, 2017, 01:29:58 pm »
The protest against Kingdom Security and the lack of signage was well attended this morning.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline mull

« Reply #7544 on: July 02, 2017, 07:10:31 pm »
Whats all this about at West Shore.
Will arrive next Sunday for 5 Days with my dog .
What have I got to look out for ?