Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613097 times)

Offline Dave

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7545 on: July 02, 2017, 08:57:54 pm »
One thing I heard of was someone being fined for having their dog off the lead on the pavement which is against the law apparently.
In this particular case they had parked on the road near the pump house, opened the rear car door , the dog jumped out on to the pavement then jumped over the wall on to the grass eager to start it's daily walk. The owner was presented with an £80 fine on their return.
I think it might also be breaking the law if the dog is on a flexi lead if walking on the pavement in case it runs in to the road.

Whereas the law is quite sensible if it's applied appropriately, it also needs correct judgement to decide when it is inappropriate however these people that work for Kingdom Security aren't interested in anything other than making money so the merest indiscretion is a green light to issue a fine.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7546 on: July 02, 2017, 09:16:08 pm »
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/residents-vow-take-back-control-13256974

Trouble is that there is inadequate signage on the subject, especially for visitors.
At the meeting this morning it was said that Kingdom Security have been banned from the West Shore until the matter is resolved. I imagine that they will thus be all over North Shore and the town itself. :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DVT

« Reply #7547 on: July 02, 2017, 09:22:48 pm »
What's with the obsession with signs for everything - there are so many that people do not read them, and that doesn't just apply to the signs about dogs.

Do you really need signs to say that you have to have your dog on a lead, that you have to have it on a short rein if you're on the pavement, and that you have to clear up if they mess.

Just seems to be common sense to me.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7548 on: July 02, 2017, 11:20:51 pm »
Whats all this about at West Shore.
Will arrive next Sunday for 5 Days with my dog .
What have I got to look out for ?

Just watch where you're putting you feet Mull as a number of dog owners don't bother picking up the dog poo and it gives other dog owners a bad name.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7549 on: July 03, 2017, 08:53:17 am »
The point here is not that the signs are not around, but that Kingdom are pouncing on people who, because there is nothing to tell them otherwise and fining them, on the spot, when they don't even know what they have done wrong.

As for dog poo, we were surprised how little there was on the grass as we walked along.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7550 on: July 03, 2017, 10:01:22 am »
One thing I heard of was someone being fined for having their dog off the lead on the pavement which is against the law apparently.
In this particular case they had parked on the road near the pump house, opened the rear car door , the dog jumped out on to the pavement then jumped over the wall on to the grass eager to start it's daily walk. The owner was presented with an £80 fine on their return.
I think it might also be breaking the law if the dog is on a flexi lead if walking on the pavement in case it runs in to the road.

There is no requirement in law to have your dog on a lead. However, it is an offence to let a dog 'be dangerously out of control'.

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/overview
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7551 on: July 03, 2017, 10:38:31 am »
I got one of these a few years ago, maybe of some help.....

http://spp.conwy.gov.uk/upload/public/attachments/581/dog_leaflet_english_a5.pdf

Offline Dave

« Reply #7552 on: July 04, 2017, 07:27:17 am »

There is no requirement in law to have your dog on a lead. However, it is an offence to let a dog 'be dangerously out of control'.

It appears that it is against the law looking at Steve's link.
I didn't realise the beach at West Shore between the two stone groynes is  a prohibited place at certain times of the year too.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7553 on: July 04, 2017, 08:42:04 am »
It's an offence to have your dog off the lead on the cycle track too, but most times when I've been there, there is no cycle track just a sand dune.
The two stone groynes will be the ones between the car park and the Toll House but there is a third stone groyne where the Black Rocks used to be, I wonder if anyone could get them on a technicality if they were fined?

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7554 on: July 04, 2017, 09:19:35 am »
Dave is absolutely right, my apologies, I now understand that it IS now an offence not to your dog on a lead on the pavement under the local byelaws enacted by Conwy Council under the Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties, etc.) Regulations 2006 and the Dog Control Orders (Procedures) Regulations 2006, which implement sections 55 and 56 of the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.

Even if the enacted regulations appear to be a sledgehammer to crack a nut, the enforcement is ludicrous and alienating decent members of the public. Remuneration based on the number of penalties issued for is known to be an appalling methodology of enforcement; the type of people employed to be 'enforce' these type of regulations are the equivalent of wheel clampers, who will use any triviality to enhance their own salary, usually minimal, to enhanced by their results.

This method of enforcement of should itself be made illegal.     
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline DVT

« Reply #7555 on: July 04, 2017, 09:28:03 am »
Surely the concept of target figures for offences is totally wrong - whether it be dog fouling, speeding motorists or any other indiscretion.

The target should be zero ... in other words, everyone is complying with the law and no offences being committed.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7556 on: July 04, 2017, 09:47:23 am »
I was speaking yesterday to a couple who visit the town on a regular basis. Less than a month ago they arrived, parked at North Shore and let their huge, elderly shaggy dog stand on the pavement whilst they got his lead from the car. Within seconds a bully of a man thrust a video camera in the woman's face and demanded £75.00. She was so frightened that they paid up.

Is this what we want for Llandudno?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7557 on: July 04, 2017, 12:32:02 pm »
Dave is absolutely right, my apologies, I now understand that it IS now an offence not to your dog on a lead on the pavement under the local byelaws enacted by Conwy Council under the Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties, etc.) Regulations 2006 and the Dog Control Orders (Procedures) Regulations 2006, which implement sections 55 and 56 of the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.

Even if the enacted regulations appear to be a sledgehammer to crack a nut, the enforcement is ludicrous and alienating decent members of the public. Remuneration based on the number of penalties issued for is known to be an appalling methodology of enforcement; the type of people employed to be 'enforce' these type of regulations are the equivalent of wheel clampers, who will use any triviality to enhance their own salary, usually minimal, to enhanced by their results.

If that's the case why don't they go on the cycle path by Conwy beach? They'd make a mint there! Full of dogs running around off leads chasing (very slow) runners like myself.
I don't want to give them any ideas though  $angry$ seems they extort enough off people already

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7558 on: July 04, 2017, 12:33:28 pm »
In fact if the fine is per Dog they would be making about £250 a time as I nearly always see one or two people with anywhere between 3-6 dogs running around causing mayhem!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7559 on: July 04, 2017, 05:09:42 pm »

If that's the case why don't they go on the cycle path by Conwy beach? They'd make a mint there! Full of dogs running around off leads chasing (very slow) runners like myself.
I don't want to give them any ideas though  $angry$ seems they extort enough off people already

Stop winging and run faster.