Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616522 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7605 on: July 27, 2017, 09:14:23 am »
Surely this is more about making money for the organisers than anything else? Or will it be free for everyone to attend?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7606 on: July 27, 2017, 09:38:05 am »
Making money is a crime now is it?

Someone is trying to do something FUN and CREATIVE for the area, especially for young people and all you lot can do is moan.

Selfish  &shake&

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7607 on: July 27, 2017, 09:57:18 am »

Someone is trying to do something FUN and CREATIVE for the area, especially for young people and all you lot can do is moan.

Selfish  &shake&
Steady on, B2R, you're dribbling again....  :P

Offline Dave

« Reply #7608 on: July 27, 2017, 11:41:02 am »
Dave
I think this is standard practice when applying for a license.  Once issued the licensee has full responsibility for activities that take place.
That's the worry. They may decide it's so lucrative they turn up with a mobile bar, a burger van and a mobile disco every weekend.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7609 on: July 27, 2017, 11:49:23 am »
Dave
I think this is standard practice when applying for a license.  Once issued the licensee has full responsibility for activities that take place.
That's the worry. They may decide it's so lucrative they turn up with a mobile bar, a burger van and a mobile disco every weekend.
I certainly agree that a degree of caution is needed with this.

Some questions:
If it's a one-off, why cannot the event be staged under a Temporary Event Notice, rather than a permanent licence?
Where will all the people visiting the event park? There could potentially be 100 or more cars trying to park in the residential streets around the park.
Why does the licence have a finishing time of 11.30pm when the event is apparently scheduled to finish at 9pm?

Surely Bodafon Farm would be a better place to stage the event?

Offline Dave

« Reply #7610 on: July 27, 2017, 11:52:48 am »

Selfish  &shake&

There is far more for young people to do around here now than there has ever been, that moan  ;) simply doesn't wear anymore. Queens Park is a model park now too, just as they used to be in the 50's and 60's. Well maintained, a great play space for children. Once in a while fund raisers are fine but if you want regular music and drinks there are better places to hold such events which are less intrusive on the local neighbourhood and already places that offer similar facilities like Bodafon Farm.( Just noticed DaveR got in first with that one.)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7611 on: July 27, 2017, 12:22:27 pm »
Dave

Good  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7612 on: July 27, 2017, 12:28:14 pm »

Selfish  &shake&

There is far more for young people to do around here now than there has ever been, that moan  ;) simply doesn't wear anymore. Queens Park is a model park now too, just as they used to be in the 50's and 60's. Well maintained, a great play space for children. Once in a while fund raisers are fine but if you want regular music and drinks there are better places to hold such events which are less intrusive on the local neighbourhood and already places that offer similar facilities like Bodafon Farm.( Just noticed DaveR got in first with that one.)

Far more for young people to do now? I'm not sure which town you live in but at one time I know Llandudno had cinemas, multiple theatres, entertainment on happy valley and in the pavilion, a funfair, 10 pin bowling, a lot more pubs/nightclubs - a multitude of other things,

Now they have......a model park and Wetherspoons  D)

You can't possibly in a million, billion years ever think that young people have more to do in Llandudno now than at  anytime in the past.

Offline Dave

« Reply #7613 on: July 27, 2017, 01:08:53 pm »
You forgot the Donkeys!!!
The places you talk about closed down because of a lack of support locally or because there are bigger or better alternatives within easy reach.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7614 on: July 27, 2017, 01:31:57 pm »
Exactly. "Lack of support" It isn't young people's fault there isn't enough of them!

Offline Dave

« Reply #7615 on: July 27, 2017, 01:46:46 pm »
It would make an interesting topic comparing what is available to young people today compared to days gone past but this isn't the right thread.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7616 on: July 27, 2017, 01:54:00 pm »
It would make an interesting topic comparing what is available to young people today compared to days gone past but this isn't the right thread.

I do't like to sound negative. There is a lot of exciting things people are working really hard on (this topic is one of those things) there is also the brilliant Great Orme Brewery - Llandudno music festival (the weekend after next) and TVWales stock on the prom for the August bank holiday.

Let's hope locals go out and support these initiatives.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #7617 on: July 27, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »
When I was younger we complained of having nothing to do but there were outdoor Lidos, skating rinks, playing fields and the beaches as well as Cinemas and we made the most of what we did have.
Nowadays perhaps the young people are more interested in computers and phones and spend more time indoors than we did.

When I was in a pub a couple of weeks ago there were only four people there but then six young people came in together and after ordering the drinks they all without exception got their mobile phones out and began  using them and didn't bother talking to each other.
So sad to see, but perhaps a sign of the times.    &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7618 on: July 27, 2017, 03:20:17 pm »
I think you've got it the wrong way round Hugo. I think YP are on their mobile phones and computers more these days BECAUSE there is nothing to do.

I was out in Liverpool a few weeks back and I didn't see any of the youngsters there staring at their phones because they were in a brilliant place having fun.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7619 on: July 27, 2017, 03:40:16 pm »
When I was younger we complained of having nothing to do but there were outdoor Lidos, skating rinks, playing fields and the beaches as well as Cinemas and we made the most of what we did have.
Nowadays perhaps the young people are more interested in computers and phones and spend more time indoors than we did.

When I was in a pub a couple of weeks ago there were only four people there but then six young people came in together and after ordering the drinks they all without exception got their mobile phones out and began  using them and didn't bother talking to each other.
So sad to see, but perhaps a sign of the times.    &shake&

We have had people sit down for breakfast complete with tablets/mobiles and we have had to actually ask them to move them to be able to place the ( very hot) plates of food on the table. One day I shall see if a tablet makes a good table mat ! :-X :rage:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.