Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612502 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7920 on: February 21, 2018, 09:55:39 pm »
The traffic lights have been removed so in future traffic exiting Mostyn Champneys will simply filter into Conway Road.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7921 on: February 22, 2018, 11:43:40 am »
I don’t remember any traffic lights there?
I know there are main ones at Asda, and pedestrian ones nearer Pets at Home.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7922 on: February 22, 2018, 12:08:05 pm »
I believe it's the lights near the Pet store, Charlotte rd and Conwy rd. a mix of traffic and pedestrian, they have always been poor, only allowing a few cars at a time to leave MC, it will be interesting to see if this system works.

Offline Dave

« Reply #7923 on: February 22, 2018, 03:04:43 pm »
The lights coming out from MC tend to average 7 cars at a time whereas many more can get through coming from town. Aldi traffic alone must have increased the pressure on those lights considerably over the last year or so as they claim an ever larger slice of the grocery pound.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7924 on: February 22, 2018, 03:08:21 pm »
I believe it's the lights near the Pet store, Charlotte rd and Conwy rd. a mix of traffic and pedestrian, they have always been poor, only allowing a few cars at a time to leave MC, it will be interesting to see if this system works.

I spoke to a couple of lads on the site this morning and they told me they are putting in a Pelican Crossing across the road from Macdonald's to the Oak Furniture store, and it could take up to a month. To help the flow of traffic exiting the car park they were going to try and re-route the traffic from both the exits to turn right only and drive down to the junction with Mostyn Broadway and then all turn left and filter into the traffic going into town and then round past the Fire Station and back up the Links roundabout, rather than trying to cross the traffic to turn right to Craig-y-don etc. I don't know if that is the system  in action now as I had walked to ALDI as my neighbour took nearly an hour to drive out of the car park yesterday afternoon.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #7925 on: February 22, 2018, 04:06:22 pm »
I went to Aldi this morning Gwyant and all the road direction you mentioned are in place and seemed to be working well.  ££$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7926 on: February 24, 2018, 10:25:15 am »
This Liverpool 'ghost ship' could launch daily sailings to Llandudno by next spring.

The hope is that the newly incorporated Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Company(LNWSC) will start running services from the city to Llandudno Pier and along the Menai Strait by May 2018.

“We are looking to start in May 2018 with the possibility of mooring the ship on Llandudno pier for evening dinner cruises, functions and birthday parties.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/liverpool-ghost-ship-could-launch-12685852

A team transforming an abandoned “ghost ship” into a working cruiser to sail between Liverpool and North Wales are also on the verge of buying a second boat for the route.

The Daily Post revealed last year the newly incorporated Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Company had bought the ‘ghost’ vessel – renamed Endeavour – and had embarked on a massive restoration project

Work is well underway on the vessel with plans for sea trials to start next year and a launch of services between Liverpool, Llandudno and Anglesey in 2020
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/team-transforming-ghost-ship-sail-14330118

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7927 on: March 01, 2018, 12:51:32 am »
Had a very quiet night out around the bars of Llandudno tonight.
Very few folk about, because it was -5 degrees, and then some (because of the biting North Easterly wind off the sea)

Noticeable though, that there was not a single ‘homeless’ person out tonight?

There is one notorious ‘homeless’ female around town, who seems to get quite a lot of donations, probably due to her vulnerability as a woman.
However, if you ask around a little, she is actually doing rather well for herself as a very prosperous drug dealer.  Also she is (allegedly) the ‘go to’ girl if you would like something from the local shops but don’t like the prices on display.
Never to be seen on the streets though, when the weather is inclement, strange don’t you think?

Fester...

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #7928 on: March 05, 2018, 01:39:40 pm »
After the storms over the last week, all the extra sand that was put between the slipway and the pier has been reclaimed by the sea.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7929 on: March 05, 2018, 04:01:14 pm »
Had a very quiet night out around the bars of Llandudno tonight.
Very few folk about, because it was -5 degrees, and then some (because of the biting North Easterly wind off the sea)

Noticeable though, that there was not a single ‘homeless’ person out tonight?

There is one notorious ‘homeless’ female around town, who seems to get quite a lot of donations, probably due to her vulnerability as a woman.
However, if you ask around a little, she is actually doing rather well for herself as a very prosperous drug dealer.  Also she is (allegedly) the ‘go to’ girl if you would like something from the local shops but don’t like the prices on display.
Never to be seen on the streets though, when the weather is inclement, strange don’t you think?

Hope restored put all of the homeless into bed and breakfasts whilst the weather was bad.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7930 on: March 05, 2018, 11:51:48 pm »
Several of the Llandudno  ‘homeless’ have been outed on Facebook recently.
The actual addresses they live in, and pictures of them taking large bags of shopping home too.
Professional begging is a very lucrative enterprise, and tax free too!

An Ariva train employee told me about the girl from Chester who changes into rags each day in the train toilets, ... goes down to London and returns each night with very rich pickings indeed.

All this is ensuring that those who genuinely fall on hard times miss out on help, and get a bad name.
The woman who sits in the doorway next door to Trespass looks forlorn and in need of a handout, until you realise that she is a kingpin of drug dealing in the Llandudno area.
I’m being serious, it needs sorting out.
Fester...

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7931 on: March 06, 2018, 08:41:52 am »
I told her yesterday to go home into the warm ,she went when she'd got enough money for the drugs 😡

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7932 on: March 06, 2018, 01:49:53 pm »
After the storms over the last week, all the extra sand that was put between the slipway and the pier has been reclaimed by the sea.

A lot of sand debris by the cenotaph and the beach is mainly grit.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #7933 on: March 06, 2018, 03:49:17 pm »
An application has gone in for change of use to The Old Post Office, Vaughan Street, Llandudno to a children's soft play & sensory centre with a food & drinks area. Handy for young mum's to deposit hubby & children there while they shop  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7934 on: March 06, 2018, 04:46:29 pm »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :rage: