Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614217 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7950 on: March 20, 2018, 12:17:22 pm »
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7952 on: April 03, 2018, 03:22:51 pm »
Both Air ambulance and SAR936 Coastguard rescue attending incident on the Gt. Orme,

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7953 on: April 03, 2018, 04:34:01 pm »
Both Air ambulance and SAR936 Coastguard rescue attending incident on the Gt. Orme,
Rescue operation at Great Orme to save climber
A police spokesman says the man involved in the incident is believed to have fallen a short distance and was winched in, off a ledge into the helicopter and taken to hospital to be checked over.  refDP

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7954 on: April 21, 2018, 02:16:55 pm »
BBC Wales are currently covering the Wales 2018 Labour Conference here in Llandudno.

I wonder does that blue sign say what I think it does?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7955 on: April 21, 2018, 02:28:59 pm »
Yes....If you mean the Superbowl. Gives a good impression !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7956 on: April 26, 2018, 12:59:58 pm »

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7957 on: April 28, 2018, 09:45:35 pm »
  Unsure where to place this post. However ---- its to do with bus transport in Llandudno.
    Local bus travellers will all be familiar with the Llandudno local bus service. The 25. But I would imagine both locals and definitely visitors would be surprised by this news. If passengers want to travel by bus on the local service from the railway station into Llandudno centre and onwards up the Orme, you don't wait at the bus stop outside the station. No. You walk across the road and catch the 25 around the corner to face North Western gardens (bog island). To add to the confusion the bus timetable in the shelter outside the railway station shows this service and its times. What it doesn't show ito the reader it goes from the other side of the road in the opposite direction.
  I know the reason. Its so that passengers from all the outlying housing estates can alight at north western and walk along moisten street. But this doesn't help the train passenger if he wants to go up the Orme. common sense ad any sense of direction would never guess the bus is going the opposite way
   A sign to this effect in the bus meter would help

Offline Bri Roberts

Number 26 bus.
« Reply #7958 on: April 29, 2018, 09:37:01 am »
I am sorry to have to correct you, Mike, but the bus service you are referring to is now the number 26.

It is an excellent service for locals but I agree much more thought needs to be given to visitors.

During the winter months, the bus terminates at Ty’n y Coed and only travels up to the summit during the summer.

The more popular routes to the summit are the tram and cable car.

However, the number 26 bus is a cheaper option but is not very well advertised to benefit the visitors.

It is an hourly service but, sadly, does not run on a Sunday.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/wales/services/26---llandudno-circular/?direction=outbound

P.S. - I wish someone would inform the printers that there is no longer a North Wales Medical Centre.

Offline Dave

« Reply #7959 on: April 29, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »
So who went to the Food event on Bodafon Fields then? The weather was beautiful, much better than a wet and cold October that was the original plan. I'm sure those who bemoaned the objectors to the Queens Park event will surely now admit it was the right decision and of course can tell us all about yesterdays event which I must admit I didn't go to.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7960 on: April 30, 2018, 12:24:40 am »
Bri, it’s also a little known fact that the No 26 is now only a quid a journey.
Ariva Bus reduced the fare months ago, in order to get more people on board.
But sadly they forgot to advertise it, so unless you actually get on the bus like I did last week, you would never know.
They are just throwing money away unfortunately, as I’m usually the only one aboard who actually pays to ride it!
Every one else is a pensioner.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7961 on: May 07, 2018, 10:52:49 pm »
A family trapped on the sandbanks of the West Shore were rescued by the RNLI today.   It can be a dangerous spot as the tide comes in very quickly there but I thought that they were going to put a raft in that area to help people that have become stranded on the sand banks as I think that there was a fatality there some years ago

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/family-trapped-incoming-tide-rescued-14626773

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7962 on: May 08, 2018, 11:47:25 am »
Almost sure the raft is in place. I was there this morning.
Horse, gate and bolted perhaps ???

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7963 on: May 08, 2018, 01:35:36 pm »
Hugo if you stand at the top of the zig zag you can see how much the channel has changed  the pontoons are still out there  they have moved the harbour masters hut from the middle to just opp the Gogarth abbey site in my opinion he can't see properly from there + Not enough signage .

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7964 on: May 08, 2018, 02:31:36 pm »
mmmm. He was too busy talking this morning to notice a man on the beach with 5 dogs........................with no poo bags in evidence !