Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613907 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7905 on: November 20, 2017, 03:03:20 pm »

And... if I want to see elderly arthritic people shuffling about in an uncoordinated manner, I can look in my bedroom mirror, or pop into Weatherspoons any afternoon of the week.

........or morning.

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7906 on: December 04, 2017, 12:51:33 pm »
Conwy food fair has proper entertainment. Case in point - If I want to see the Goat Roper Rodeo band play one of their own shows they are priced typically between £10 to 15 - same for the Welsh Pink Floyd. There I could see both of them and about 20 other quality acts for £9. Absolute bargain I would say. Z**

That does seem to be good value, but many people want to go to the food fair go for - you've guessed it, the food, not the entertainment. For them, it makes for an expensive experience.

For me, the entertainment is an even better bargain, I can sit and listen from across the estuary for nothing.  D)
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now? DEGANWY
« Reply #7907 on: December 06, 2017, 01:07:48 pm »
Developer lodges appeal after council’s refusal to allow 110 new homes in Deganwy

In September Conwy Council rejected Beech Developments' bid for planning permission.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/developer-lodges-appeal-after-councils-14001077

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7908 on: December 13, 2017, 04:37:28 pm »
I’m told that Colwyn Road is currently completely closed by the Craigside Inn due to a dangerous cliff face. Diversions in place via Bryn Y Bia road but expect long delays.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7909 on: January 07, 2018, 07:21:20 pm »
The walk up to the Viewing Point on the Orme was well worth it this evening.

Offline Dave

« Reply #7910 on: January 08, 2018, 06:23:19 pm »

Alcohol issues prompt Llandudno theatre security boost

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-42565403

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7911 on: January 08, 2018, 06:33:27 pm »
Not before time ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7912 on: January 20, 2018, 10:17:15 pm »
I walked around West Shore briefly on Friday, driven back by the bitter cold winds....
But I noticed that there were loads of the kite surfers (if that’s what it’s called) out on the estuary.
The tide was up, the waves were very high, and it was utterly freezing.
You can just about make out about 10 of them on these pictures.

I can’t believe that those wetsuits they wear can afford sufficient protection against that degree of cold, but evidently I’m wrong!
It was 1 degree only, and the windchill made it feel much lower.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Deganwy Like Right Now?
« Reply #7913 on: January 22, 2018, 03:29:46 pm »
Deganwy Marina put up for sale for £2.5m
The marina has been placed on the market by the Crown Estate.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/deganwy-marina-put-up-sale-13260824

the site - which includes 165 pontoon berths, a marina building, and showroom - has been sold to Lakeland Leisure Estates, which owns holiday parks and inland marinas.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/north-wales-marina-sold-expanding-14188115

http://www.lakelandleisuregroup.com

Offline Dave

« Reply #7914 on: February 02, 2018, 09:50:00 pm »

Offline SteveH

Re: National armed forces day 2018
« Reply #7915 on: February 12, 2018, 01:36:21 pm »
Armed Forces Day will leave hotels 'absolutely rammed'
The events could bring as many as 250,000 people into Conwy county and boost the economy by millions

It is being held as a thank you to the Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force, and veterans and will feature a military parade, flag raising ceremonies and a showcase of military vehicles, including helicopters, boats, and planes.

Events will be staged across the county between June 25 and July 1, with a parade on the main day in Llandudno on June 30.

We are using as many local suppliers as possible, many of whom have already benefitted. This was all planned as part of Conwy’s Events Strategy. We are also looking for volunteers for the day, as the event requires a cast of hundreds.”

If you would like to volunteer for Armed Forces Day, register for the parade, or want more information about the day

, visit www.conwy.gov.uk and search ‘Armed Forces Day’.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/armed-forces-day-leave-hotels-14278358

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Spotlight/Armed-Forces-Covenant/Armed-Forces-Day-2018.aspx

Offline Dave

« Reply #7916 on: February 12, 2018, 06:12:02 pm »
I was disappointed to hear that there isn't going to be a Red Arrows display for Armed Forces Day. Llandudno has always been the best place anywhere to watch as you could actually look down on the planes from the Ormes.

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7917 on: February 13, 2018, 04:28:09 pm »
Amazed the Red Arrows would not come to such a prestigious military event. Hopefully, they overcompensate with some fast jets  :roll:

Offline Dave

« Reply #7918 on: February 13, 2018, 07:02:39 pm »
Afraid not looking at the schedule, just three old Battle of Britain stalwarts. It makes me wonder what will be on display during the event.
I'm not sure if the Red arrows are actually appearing anywhere in the coming year, certainly can't find an announcement online.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7919 on: February 21, 2018, 05:30:22 pm »
According to reports on FB. Mostyn Champney's is gridlocked, drivers waiting up to an hour and a half to get out, due to the new roadworks.