Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2642676 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2011, 12:35:11 am »
Excellent site about the history of Llandudno, which has a lot of old photos and a map of all the old pubs in town.

http://www.oldllandudno.co.uk/
A lot of old photos....that have been nicked off this website's gallery. :rage:

Yes, isn't it Three Towns Forum member PKevin's site?  ?{}?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:19:53 am by Trojan »

Yorkie

« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2011, 08:54:28 am »
That site has been there for ages.

Craig Ollerton also produced a disc of postcards of Llandudno, some of which were scanned from cards that I had given him.   I have a copy of the disc, so access to these old pictures is not restricted by any means.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2011, 08:58:45 am »
That site has been there for ages.

Craig Ollerton also produced a disc of postcards of Llandudno, some of which were scanned from cards that I had given him.   I have a copy of the disc, so access to these old pictures is not restricted by any means.
Most of the photos are taken from the Gallery here, Yorkie. I know that because specific images that I have resized, cropped, enhanced etc (and hence are unique to this Gallery) are reproduced on this other website, not to mention the odd more recent photo that I have personally taken.

Yorkie

« Reply #723 on: March 03, 2011, 09:12:17 am »
Not denying there could be some poaching as impossible for me to check all I have against them.  Give him the same punishment as Colonel Gadafi would - chop his hand off.    >>>

You can use a copyright claim against the ISP, that would sort it.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14:10 am »
there are some on there that have come from my collection of family photos ! I supose that's what happens when they are posted on public forums,

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #725 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14:47 am »
Well, the guy is a fan of Llandudno and has obviously put a lot of work into setting up the site, so my only wish really is that he would acknowledge the source of the pics.  :)

Yorkie

« Reply #726 on: March 03, 2011, 09:16:14 am »
I've been to it many times when trying to find answers to the Forum's Guessing games!!   Not with much success however!     _))*

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #727 on: March 03, 2011, 04:45:38 pm »
 ΒΆΒΆ## Im not sure where the town turns from here with Hooson;s chemist closing,J D Sports moving on to Parc Llandudno and now Alworths closing down that end of town is going to look horrendous,its no surpriser to me the town council are;nt bothered about xmas lights,there will be no shops left to benifit from them. :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »
I was just talking to Darren in Fountains and he said that Alworths was closing down. Thats a real shame. It could maybe do withbeing subdivided into smaller shops or a shopping arcade.

brumbob

« Reply #729 on: March 03, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »
It could maybe do withbeing subdivided into smaller shops or a shopping arcade.
Then fester could have one  :)

Offline pkevin

« Reply #730 on: March 03, 2011, 07:50:31 pm »
HI all,

Yes I do run oldllandudno, but I run it for the community to enjoy.

I started it because i got P*****f with other sites slaping thier copyright/water marks all over the images and pictures, and then having the cheek to selling them to us .

If I have a picture that you own the copyright to, just let me know and i will remove it.  If you want it to stay and want me to put your name on it , just let me know
and I will do it.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #731 on: March 04, 2011, 12:58:28 am »
I started it because i got P*****f with other sites slaping thier copyright/water marks all over the images and pictures, and then having the cheek to selling them to us .

Fair play Kev.

That DaveR has a lot to answer for.  >:(

8)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:13:45 am by Trojan »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #732 on: March 04, 2011, 08:16:31 am »
Would make a nice house. I would keep the Town Councillors on to provide the hot air for the heating system.  ;D

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #733 on: March 04, 2011, 08:18:15 am »
 :-* I will offer one hundred thousand and then kick the lodgers out. ZXZ

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #734 on: March 04, 2011, 08:48:52 am »
I was just talking to Darren in Fountains and he said that Alworths was closing down. Thats a real shame

We were walking round it the other day, and I was wondering how much longer it would survive. Lacking the bulk-buying power of Woolies, and the ability to have branded goods with their name and logo superimposed does leave them vulnerable. It was a good effort to preserve what many have fond memories of, but I'm not surprised they're closing. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.