Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613158 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1140 on: June 07, 2011, 11:05:07 am »
Thanks for the map info Dave and Blodyn. I should have had that yesterday but still it was fun exploring!
I come to Llandudno every week to do my food shopping. I feel so lucky to be able to do such a mundane job in such a lovely place.
I will buy the map next time and make sure I do lots more walks on the Orme.
 $thanx$

Offline CurlyCap

« Reply #1141 on: June 07, 2011, 12:59:10 pm »
I think a few more signposts would be helpful on the Orme.

There's a lovely woodland walk infront of our house that leads to Haulfre Gardens but unfortunately many people trudge up the Hill and Tram Track looking for it but then end up wondering around, unsure which way to go next.

Some more little wooden signs, showing the various trails and walks would benefit many of the walkers.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1142 on: June 07, 2011, 06:49:01 pm »
It started off by picking up the glass from Builder Street West. I found someone called Jason but he had never heard of the forum or Trojan so sorry about that Trojan but I did try!

Thanks anyway hollins, he wouldn't have known me as Trojan. Maybe curiosity will get the better of him and we will get a new forum member.  :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1143 on: June 08, 2011, 08:25:47 am »
Some more little wooden signs, showing the various trails and walks would benefit many of the walkers.

Good idea. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1144 on: June 08, 2011, 02:28:15 pm »
We were in Jacks (was Matelots) on Sunday night for a pool match.  We were greeted by 8 local llandudno girls in fancy dress, they had taken part in the Race for Life on Rhyl prom on Sunday morning.  They had walked just over 3 miles dressed in pink complete with pink affro wigs, fair play to them they had raised over £1,200.  Well done ladies.  $good$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1145 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:37 pm »
Not sure which thread is appropriate for this (possibly) encouraging news...

As some Forum members are aware, Dave and I, (along with Mrs Fester) have been looking at several business opportunities in Llandudno / Conwy and Rhos in recent months.
Some projects have been abandoned as not viable, others are still ongoing... but this week 2 premises which Mrs F, (who is in charge of such matters) was due to view, have been chalked off the appointment list...as they have been snapped up!

I am referring to the Diskos and Homestyle premises, close to each other in Mostyn Street.

I have no information as to what businesses are to open therein, but it is potentially a positive move for that part of Llandudno.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1146 on: June 08, 2011, 09:13:30 pm »
I was going to mention that but forgot, so well done.  $good$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1147 on: June 08, 2011, 09:27:03 pm »
Hollins, sorry to have missed you. It is only this week that Ive tried out this "gone for lunch" idea. As far as I know you are the one and only person to have suffered!!! Not much consolation, I know  But, on Monday, I never saw a sole all day, and, I can tell you, that was a mighty long day with a flask of stewed tea to keep me company. After Friday that will be the end of the lunch hour because, according to last years takings, at least I take a fiver or so every day. Sorry again Mike

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1148 on: June 11, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »
It's been another lovely evening in Llandudno. 

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1149 on: June 12, 2011, 02:53:05 am »
Nice pic.  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1150 on: June 12, 2011, 10:06:52 am »
I've got some quite nice pictures of the views in Conwy I've taken at lunch times... Where could I put them on here?

$thanx$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1151 on: June 12, 2011, 10:25:13 am »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1152 on: June 12, 2011, 04:30:59 pm »
 :( Wet that is what town is today and i have seen a few coaches coming in for the day,oh my god i thought what are those poor souls going to do in town today,the war museum,Llandudno museum,3 amusement arcades and shop oh ten pin bowling that is it.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1153 on: June 12, 2011, 04:47:10 pm »
You sound like Senna ! WWW
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1154 on: June 12, 2011, 04:54:35 pm »
:( Wet that is what town is today and i have seen a few coaches coming in for the day,oh my god i thought what are those poor souls going to do in town today,the war museum,Llandudno museum,3 amusement arcades and shop oh ten pin bowling that is it.

When you think that the majority of the coach passengers are elderly it seems a travesty that there is nothing suitable for them to do.

The war museum will probably bring back unpleasant memories and all those machines in the local amusement arcades appear to be geared toward the younger element. (well, apart from one-armed bandits and penny pusher machines)

As for ten pin bowling, how on earth is an elderly person supposed to roll those heavy bowling balls for a length of time?