Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612479 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1170 on: June 13, 2011, 09:27:49 am »
Perhaps a mid ground of tasteful gifts/souvenirs at affordable prices is the answer. But is that achievable...maybe?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1171 on: June 13, 2011, 10:05:29 am »
In a previous life, I used to choose the prizes for the Prize Bingo on the Pier. One thing I learnt was..if an item looked so tasteless that you wouldn't have in your house, then order lots of it. One of the most sought after prizes was a large plastic clock in the shape of a gold coloured elephant. It was massive and the clock face was located where the body of the elephant was. The curious thing was that the clock hands each had a butterfly attached - I never found out why.  ???

:o I've seen trying to find one of those for years! It will go with my pink giraffe clock with a penguin on each hand!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1172 on: June 13, 2011, 12:09:23 pm »
:( Wet that is what town is today and i have seen a few coaches coming in for the day,oh my god i thought what are those poor souls going to do in town today,the war museum,Llandudno museum,3 amusement arcades and shop oh ten pin bowling that is it.

When you think that the majority of the coach passengers are elderly it seems a travesty that there is nothing suitable for them to do.

The war museum will probably bring back unpleasant memories and all those machines in the local amusement arcades appear to be geared toward the younger element. (well, apart from one-armed bandits and penny pusher machines)

As for ten pin bowling, how on earth is an elderly person supposed to roll those heavy bowling balls for a length of time?

The country park Visitor Centre at the Great Orme summit is very interesting and those who’ve come for the scenery might enjoy it, while others might like Randolph Turpin’s bar.  Much of the Great Orme Mines is under cover and one can also have a coffee there and browse the secondhand books. 

BUT: how is a coach passenger to get to these attractions?  An open sided tram is not very alluring on a wet day and the 73 bus provides a rather limited service, leaving passengers at the summit for 2 ½ - 3 hours on a Sunday (on other days there are four, rather than three buses).  Much as I love the Great Orme I’m not sure that, as a visitor, I’d want to spend so long at the summit on a wet day and there is no timetabled stop for the copper mines.  Even this assumes that: the visitor know about the bus (remembering that Tourist Information is closed on a Sunday); arrives in time for the first bus; is able to get back from the Orme in time for their coach home. 

I’ve not really helped very much, have I?!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1173 on: June 13, 2011, 04:39:06 pm »
I can see what looks to be a largish fire up in the Maes y Castell area of Llanrhos. Lots of black smoke billowing over.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1174 on: June 16, 2011, 05:18:57 pm »
 ;D I take it from the lack of disscusion that the weekly news has none in today,concerning Llandudno  anyway. ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1175 on: June 16, 2011, 05:57:57 pm »
This graffiti has appeared on the Prom, who could be responsible?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1176 on: June 16, 2011, 06:03:03 pm »
This graffiti has appeared on the Prom, who could be responsible?

Hmm, were there any witnesses?  L0L

(Jehova's  ;D )
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1177 on: June 16, 2011, 06:52:44 pm »
They needed it to "save" someone!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1178 on: June 17, 2011, 05:20:27 am »
"We love God & Jesus"

I thought they were supposed to be the same?  ???

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1179 on: June 17, 2011, 08:22:59 am »
I thought they were supposed to be the same?

One of the great mysteries of the Christian religion, T. There's also a third aspect of what is purported to be the same supernatural being. All very difficult to understand.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1180 on: June 17, 2011, 08:56:25 am »
Isn't Jesus supposed to be the Son of God?     $good$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1181 on: June 17, 2011, 09:21:46 am »
If he really was the Son of God it would mean he was a celestial being (I think that's the right word) which in turn would mean he was actually an Alien.  The one characteristic of all religious denominations is they pray to the sky.  He could also of been considered as a fore runner to David Blane or our very own Derren Brown.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1182 on: June 17, 2011, 10:47:57 am »
Today sermon is brought to you by the Reverend DaveR  _))*

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1183 on: June 17, 2011, 10:59:14 am »
 :laugh: How unfortunate that my hand happened to be covering my face when you took that photo.  8)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1184 on: June 17, 2011, 11:00:19 am »
:laugh: How unfortunate that my hand happened to be covering my face when you took that photo.  8)
Yes quite  ;D