Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611876 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1830 on: December 11, 2011, 05:59:14 pm »
I can see the white rabbit statue going in the middle of that!  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1831 on: December 12, 2011, 10:29:34 pm »
bet it gets a ticket

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1832 on: December 13, 2011, 11:36:25 am »
There's been a car crash on the Orme, on the curve just past the R&BT. Car hit the sea side wall, demolished it, then bounced across the road and overturned. How fast would you have to be going to do something like that?!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1833 on: December 13, 2011, 12:09:31 pm »
How fast would you have to be going to do something like that?!

It would depend on the car and the driver's skill (or lack of!)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1834 on: December 13, 2011, 06:24:32 pm »
Any idea when the crash took place and the type of car. My guess,judging by the cars that speed up the Orme through Black Gate, would be after dark and an older model  car with an enlarged exhaust outlet. But I could be completely wrong!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1835 on: December 13, 2011, 07:58:20 pm »
Any idea when the crash took place and the type of car. My guess,judging by the cars that speed up the Orme through Black Gate, would be after dark and an older model  car with an enlarged exhaust outlet. But I could be completely wrong!

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #1836 on: December 13, 2011, 08:52:01 pm »

Looks like a fairly new Mini Cooper S to me ... so that disproves your theory!!!

In terms of speed it needn't be going very fast if driver gets the corner wrong, bounces up the kerb, hits walls and flips.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1837 on: December 13, 2011, 09:29:13 pm »
There is a recommended speed limit of 30 mph on Marine Drive which applies to all vehicles, except
 of course Mini Coopers!!! _))*   L0L    _))*    L0L

Boy racer no doubt!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1838 on: December 13, 2011, 09:38:21 pm »
A few months back a neighbour of ours warned that last time they held the RAC rally on the Orme, shortly afterwards there was a series of incidents of "rally clones" coming undone attempting to replicate the drivers in the Rally.  2011 Wales Rally GB Great Orme Sebastien Ogier CrashNot saying that is the case for this one but it's a possibility.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1839 on: December 13, 2011, 11:17:14 pm »
Hmmm, well history often repeats itself.... and you have to be a pretty crap driver for that to happen.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Online Hugo

« Reply #1840 on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:31 am »
Many years ago I was parked in my car on the concrete car park above the lighthouse. At the time you could drive all over the Orme as there were no restrictions to prevent you doing so.
Boy racers had created an oval shaped racing track just above the car park and this one particular evening a boy racer in a VW Beetle was trying to impress his girlfriend by going round and round the track getting faster and faster each time. Quite honestly he was driving me nuts but then it went silent and I looked behind and saw the VW on it's roof with the passengers hanging upside down in their seat belts.
Fearing the car going on fire I raced to pull them out and after with the help of the lad turned the car over back onto it's wheels. When we did this we looked at the car and instead of the rounded Beetle roof it was dented and just flat.  I'll always remember the look on the lad's face when he said to me " what do I tell my Dad, it's his car and I only took it out to impress my girlfriend"
I can't remember what I said back but wondered what excuse he gave to his father.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1841 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:12 pm »
Very public spirited Hugo.
I would hope I would have done the same in a normal road traffic accident.

But in this case, I would have sat back, lit a match and tossed it in.... then videoed it to put it on Youtube.   WWW

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1842 on: December 14, 2011, 12:36:17 pm »
Just had to laugh....the CCBC recycling truck was down in Craig Y Don. The green paper recycling bin went up to be emptied on the lorry and as the paper was emptied, the wind was blowing and about a hundred bits of paper went sailing down the road, covering it in litter. Naturally, the council staff just left the mess and drove off!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1843 on: December 14, 2011, 01:14:24 pm »
About a half an hour ago, I dropped my missus at the Nail Base and I struggled to pass a large yellow CCBC wagon parked on the taxi rank.

I guess the driver had popped over to the hambone for just a few minutes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1844 on: December 14, 2011, 01:55:29 pm »
Very public spirited Hugo.
I would hope I would have done the same in a normal road traffic accident.

But in this case, I would have sat back, lit a match and tossed it in.... then videoed it to put it on Youtube.   WWW

Mmmmm reminds me of when my OH found a bloke near the lighthouse sat in the road having tipped off his 'dolly trolly' ( mobility scooter) He got him back onto the thing, tidied him up and the bloke promptly set off and ran over my OH's foot !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.