Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612489 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1845 on: December 14, 2011, 03:17:35 pm »
Very public spirited Hugo.
I would hope I would have done the same in a normal road traffic accident.

But in this case, I would have sat back, lit a match and tossed it in.... then videoed it to put it on Youtube.   WWW

Mmmmm reminds me of when my OH found a bloke near the lighthouse sat in the road having tipped off his 'dolly trolly' ( mobility scooter) He got him back onto the thing, tidied him up and the bloke promptly set off and ran over my OH's foot !

Reminds me of the time I was driving my car in Conwy. I was going through the archway in Conwy ready to turn right and go down the hill back into town. There was a man standing very close to the kerb as I was going very slowly through the arch and his shopping bag hit my car with a bit of a thud.
I wound down the window and asked him what he was playing at and he said that it's ok. I was getting madder at the thought of him hitting my car with his shopping and said that no it wasn't ok and got out of my car to sort it out.
I asked him again what did he think he was doing and again he said that it's ok which made me even more angry.
What do you mean it's ok, I demanded to know and then he explained!!
You've just run over my foot!
I backtracked very quickly and apologetically thinking that there could be a compensation claim coming my way and made sure that there were no bones broken as I made my excuse and left.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1846 on: December 14, 2011, 03:26:12 pm »
 :o L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1847 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:37 pm »
but wondered what excuse he gave to his father.

"Er...really bad hailstorm tonight, Dad. "
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1848 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »

L0L

or 'a goat jumped on the roof'
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #1849 on: December 16, 2011, 05:36:23 pm »
apart from the car crash, you have cheered up a cold night  ;D

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1850 on: December 17, 2011, 10:24:16 am »

L0L

or 'a goat jumped on the roof'

Now that is getting to be a likelyhood as we have the usual single rogue goat wandering the area as it does every winter. Yesterday morning it had got itself into one of the local B&B's garden and was happily munching its way through the shrubs. The gate was shut, so it must have jumped over the wall. Trouble is they don't find their way out as easily as they find a way in !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1851 on: December 18, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »
Fester reminded me that I needed to post this photo, of the Swimming Pool/Theatre car park. This has been like this for at least 4 years every time there is rain...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1852 on: December 18, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »
...and for good measure, here's the corner of Trinity Square/Mostyn Street by Lloyds Bank. Pedestrians have to wade though this every time it rains. How difficult is it to clear a blocked drain?

Can someone tell me who the Councillors are for Mostyn Street area? Do they ever walk around their Ward?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1853 on: December 18, 2011, 05:35:28 pm »
01492574000---Bodlondeb.
They will either tell you or deal with the matter.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1854 on: December 18, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »
Fester reminded me that I needed to post this photo, of the Swimming Pool/Theatre car park. This has been like this for at least 4 years every time there is rain...

Probably sunk due to the heavy car transporters that have been driven there by Pentraeth and also "show" and rally service vehicles.

When the car park was constructed the surface on the main area was made to a low spec, purely for motor cars, in order to save construction costs.     ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1855 on: December 18, 2011, 08:50:20 pm »
The old swimming pool used to go along in that direction.

Before he retired, somebody from CCBC informed me when the swimming pool was empty and the tide came in then the swimming pool casing actually rose up.

If that story was true then it may also help to explain why the rainwater always stays there.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #1856 on: December 18, 2011, 09:20:14 pm »
something similar happens near Aberconwy school every time there's a very high tide

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1857 on: December 18, 2011, 10:37:05 pm »
The two services of Carols by Candlelight at St. Tudno's Church were well attended today, with about 120 at the 3 pm service (including Fester and Mrs. Fester - lovely to see you both) and 55 at the 5 pm service. 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1858 on: December 18, 2011, 11:30:35 pm »
It was a beautiful occasion once again, Blodyn.

We actually set off for a walk today to Angelsea Road, (hence our inappropriate clothing, and lack of money) ... but then we realised that if we picked up the pace we could reach St Tudno's in time for the first Carol service.

So glad we did, and it was lovely to see you and so many of our neighbours too.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1859 on: December 19, 2011, 10:24:50 am »
Thanks, Fester, so glad you both enjoyed the service - hope you didn't get too cold.  It's always nice to welcome so many people to St. Tudno's and as well as a good number of Great Orme residents we had some people from as far away as Shropshire. 

In case anyone's wondering why Fester was concerned about not having any money, the collections at the two services were in aid of Ty Gobaith.