Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612382 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2055 on: February 07, 2012, 08:53:22 pm »
The Agent sent me a PDF will all the info in it. Yes, the project has full planning permission, so its ready to go.

Options for the non-hotel part are:

Restaurant/Retail Unit - 7,500 sq feet.
Retail Unit - 12,000 sq feet.
or combine both units to get a potential 25,000 sq feet retail unit over 2 floors.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #2056 on: February 07, 2012, 10:24:04 pm »
Looks like I've scooped the local press once again - I can reveal that the Tudno Castle Hotel is to become a 64 bedroom Premier Inn. The ground floors are to let for restaurant or retail use.

I have today spoken to the owner of the site, who has kept me informed all along. Nothing is signed or sealed yet, but he has promised to let me know as soon as it is and I'm confident that he will. I believe negotiations are currently at a delicate stage and he doesn't want to rock the boat. The plans are the same as those originally proposed for the site but there is now a different prospective tenant involved.

telmah

« Reply #2057 on: February 07, 2012, 11:10:15 pm »
Can you tell us who the agents are? or is this not for public knowledge

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2058 on: February 08, 2012, 07:21:32 am »
Agents name is no secret, there's  a big sign on the front of the hotel with the name on it.  ;D

The document I have clearly states that part of the building has been 'pre let' to Premier Inn. Would they be able to say that if no deal had been signed? Surely they would end up looking foolish if a deal could not be agreed?

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #2059 on: February 08, 2012, 09:06:34 am »
I hope the positive comments re the Tudno Castle do come to pass but I guess I am not alone in thinking that - like the railway station - I will only be convinced when I see a reputable contractor established on site. Incidentally, presumably Mostyn is the landowner of the Tudno Castle site - they seem to own the little car park between it and Parc Llandudno.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2060 on: February 08, 2012, 09:12:27 am »
Agents name is no secret, there's  a big sign on the front of the hotel with the name on it.  ;D

The document I have clearly states that part of the building has been 'pre let' to Premier Inn. Would they be able to say that if no deal had been signed? Surely they would end up looking foolish if a deal could not be agreed?

This sign :D

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2061 on: February 08, 2012, 09:37:10 am »
I share the same views of both Craigydonian and Cambrian.

I also believe we should not get too excited about this news.

This is not exactly Savills UK we are dealing with but Henry operating his business with a mobile phone and a website still under construction.

http://www.pandpartners.co.uk

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2062 on: February 08, 2012, 09:53:18 am »
To be fair, he's a FRICS.

"RICS members (MRICS) who are major achievers in their careers may apply to become a Fellow of RICS (FRICS). They will be leaders in the profession and active people who have completed unique projects or contributed significantly to the profession."

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2063 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:31 am »
That is good to hear.

Are these the same people or just a similar name?

Prescott & Partners acquire Fleet Street Restaurant

Prescott & Partners, a joint venture between Sir Terence Conran and Peter Prescott, has acquired a new site on Fleet Street for the launch of its second venture.

Cedar Dean acted on behalf of Prescott & Partners to acquire the 10,000sq ft site, which was let to the company on a 35-year lease, will be converted into a fine dining restaurant concept to be called Lutyens Grill.

The company opened its first development The Boundary in December in Shoreditch, a 30,000sq ft, seven-floor complex located adjacent to the Tea Building featuring a restaurant, café, food store and 17 bedrooms.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #2064 on: February 08, 2012, 12:22:26 pm »
To be fair, he's a FRICS.

"RICS members (MRICS) who are major achievers in their careers may apply to become a Fellow of RICS (FRICS). They will be leaders in the profession and active people who have completed unique projects or contributed significantly to the profession."

Henry Prescott previously worked for Mason Owen based in Liverpool and has been involved in this project from the start together with the owner of the property. However I'm assured that contrary to appearances no firm contract has been signed.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2065 on: February 08, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »
There's an odd little story in the Pioneer today about the Tudno Castle, that seems to give the impression that the whole site is for sale? That wasn't what I was told, the story was that they were looking for tenants for the retail part of the development, and thats what the PDF clearly says.

You'd have thought they could have got it clear by now, been that the site has been a derelict eyesore for so long......  :roll:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2066 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:10 pm »
Detective DaveR get on this case now, when are Parc Llandudno starting the infill on Broadway,we have faith in you.Pier Pavillion next. :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2067 on: February 08, 2012, 12:51:26 pm »
Hmmmmm....

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #2068 on: February 08, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »
There's an odd little story in the Pioneer today about the Tudno Castle, that seems to give the impression that the whole site is for sale? That wasn't what I was told, the story was that they were looking for tenants for the retail part of the development, and thats what the PDF clearly says.

You'd have thought they could have got it clear by now, been that the site has been a derelict eyesore for so long......  :roll:

That's why journalism shouldn't be based on rumour. The current situation is that a tenant is being sought, the owner of the building is talking to one, but as of this morning is adamant that nothing has been signed or agreed, and I have had this confirmed from a third party who says an agreement is very much up in the air. Brian's assessment of the situation is correct.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2069 on: February 08, 2012, 02:37:19 pm »
No rumours involved, the information was in the document issued by the representative of the owner.

Read it for yourself.....