Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613385 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2550 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »
Exactly, no doubt it's some different budget, but it all comes from us in the first place! They should maintain what is already there before building new features which next year we will be discussing in the eyesores section, I hope I'm wrong!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2551 on: June 27, 2012, 07:26:22 am »
I  have heard that CCBC have promised to cut the grass,weed the flower beds,weed the beach,remove the stones of the beach again next month.

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #2552 on: June 27, 2012, 08:39:50 am »
Perhaps our wild flower experts could name the weeds.  :laugh:

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2553 on: June 27, 2012, 11:12:50 am »
If they are 'weeded' like has been done round the trees in town it will look worse than ever. Weed killer is sprayed, the weeds die and there they lie, brown and shrivelled.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2554 on: June 28, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »
That was some downpour before, I had to walk in the road though Craig Y Don as the pavements were under several inches of water, even going into people's gardens. That's what happens when the drains don't get cleared out on a regular basis.  How often do you see the gully cleaner lorry these days? &shake&

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2555 on: June 28, 2012, 05:49:31 pm »
Can anyone tell me why the council salt spreader lorry was up gritting  Ty Gwn and Llwynon Roads just before the deluge this morning. The result is however now plain to see there is sand and grit all over the roads and some cars are losing grip on it.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2556 on: June 28, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »
I was told that quite a large area of the roof at Macdonalds fell in during the storm.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2557 on: June 28, 2012, 06:21:06 pm »
That was some downpour before, I had to walk in the road though Craig Y Don as the pavements were under several inches of water, even going into people's gardens. That's what happens when the drains don't get cleared out on a regular basis.  How often do you see the gully cleaner lorry these days? &shake&
I took a pic!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2558 on: June 28, 2012, 06:23:16 pm »
Once again, a large section of the Swimming Pool/Theatre car park was underwater - there's been a problem with the drains ever since it was built but its never been dealt with. Photo taken 3+ hours after the rain had stopped.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2559 on: June 30, 2012, 08:49:34 pm »
The LLANDUDNO flowerbed up in Happy Valley - once a well loved feature of the town, it is now an embarrassment...

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2560 on: June 30, 2012, 09:12:11 pm »
   This is more or less the spot where I saw some yobs trying to climb up some statue or something around a week or so ago. Is your photo recent Dave?   Or is some development now underway (yobs excluded)  Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2561 on: June 30, 2012, 09:26:36 pm »
Well, the new Alice Reading Chair has been fenced off - maybe its been damaged by vandals? I did have a look and one toadstool appears to have been uprooted:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2562 on: June 30, 2012, 10:32:19 pm »
  yes, thats it. I only spotted it from a distance and could not make out what it was. But I could spot vandals, if even from a distance.

So, why didnt I do anything about stopping whatever they were up to? Well I have never in all my life dodged a confrontation but I suppose as you get older, you do weigh up the odds before going in 3 or 4 to l.   

But, really, its the realisation that this is going to happen. I know that if I put mushrooms on my golf course ---- the next morning, misery at the scene.   The same applies to the Happy Valley.

I cannot believe that the Council are not aware of this risk.   What we all do about it, I hav'ent got a clue.   Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2563 on: July 01, 2012, 12:44:49 am »
A few years ago, I mentioned to 'He who knows everything in Llandudno' that I fancied building a crazy golf course in the Happy Valley / Headlands Hotel area.

''He who knows everything'', advised me at the time that it was a non-starter as it would have been very quickly vandalised.

I could hardly believe that, surely not .....  but it seems that he was correct, and it would have been an expensive failure.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2564 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:30 am »
Isn't there a putting green at that location or has it been consigned to the history books?
Valar Morghulis