Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615465 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2655 on: July 26, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »
I caught Bri and his beloved taking a stroll along the prom this evening admiring the beautifully kept lawns and the weed free flower beds, they are a credit to CCBC and the Town council,such pride in their town.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #2656 on: July 27, 2012, 10:52:55 am »
Not quite "right now" but amidst all the doom and gloom there was a bit of sunshine yesterday evening.  Let's not forget that, despite all the problems that have recently been highlighted here, we live in a very beautiful place. 

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2657 on: July 27, 2012, 11:01:24 am »
I caught Bri and his beloved taking a stroll along the prom this evening admiring the beautifully kept lawns and the weed free flower beds, they are a credit to CCBC and the Town council,such pride in their town.

It was quite tidy near the Cenotaph, wrex, except for the abandoned floral clock. 

We certainly enjoyed the Poppy Garden.

We had only just left Fester who was still working after 6.30pm.  :o

Offline Ludo

« Reply #2658 on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »
Not quite "right now" but amidst all the doom and gloom there was a bit of sunshine yesterday evening.  Let's not forget that, despite all the problems that have recently been highlighted here, we live in a very beautiful place.

What a beautiful image Blodyn!!  $good$

Thanks so much for posting it. I have the same view (from lower down on the Marine Drive) as my desktop image at the moment, but mine is a very moody photo with a heavy, dark ominous sky - it sorted well with my mood at the time I took it earlier this year. But your picture is a much more accurate analogue of my general demeanour these days. It is a real pleasure to see it!  $thanx$ 
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2659 on: July 27, 2012, 02:14:10 pm »
it looks far better than the afternoon, we were down on the west shore beach with the grandchildren Anglsey  and Conway were nowere to be seen, a chilly breeze meant the coat was kept on but at least it was,nt raining, look at it now sunshine all around, don't you just love the British weather.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2660 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:59 pm »
A fantastic pic Blodyn. much appreciated.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #2661 on: July 27, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »
Thanks, Ludo and Nemesis.  With such a wonderful view it's not hard to get a good picture.  It's my favourite view and I've got rather a lot of photos of it, in all sorts of weather.  I'm glad you're now feeling more sunny, Ludo.

Snowcap, I know what you mean about the weather.  When I set out on my walk I was wearing a waterproof jacket, then decided I'd better take overtrousers and a hat as well,  then I ended up carrying everything - which was of course better than needing to wear them!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2662 on: July 27, 2012, 11:27:46 pm »

It was quite tidy near the Cenotaph, wrex, except for the abandoned floral clock. 

We certainly enjoyed the Poppy Garden.

We had only just left Fester who was still working after 6.30pm.  :o

....If you call what I do 'Work', Bri.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2663 on: July 28, 2012, 07:43:06 am »
Bri are you a secret councillor because you seem to have the same spectacles on as them,to say the flower beds and the lawns looked tidy is beyond me,even with the BIG civic parade on there tomorrow CCBC can;t find anyone too look after the gardens,that grass has not been cut for 3 weeks at least and will only get done when the bloom judges are here,what a shame they tell the council when they are attending or maybe they have seen sense and not entered.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #2664 on: July 28, 2012, 08:49:38 am »
to say the flower beds and the lawns looked tidy is beyond me 

Where did I say that?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2665 on: July 28, 2012, 11:08:23 am »

Where did I say that?

I think Wrex said it himself!     L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2666 on: July 28, 2012, 11:18:56 am »
Sorry Bri,it was your comment that it looked tidy around the cenotaph made me think you thought the gardens were exceptable,anyway it made Yorkie laught.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #2667 on: July 28, 2012, 12:22:48 pm »
Your apology is accepted, wrex.

When you saw us walk past the Cenotaph on Thursday evening we were walking along the promenade back towards the car and admiring the beauty of the scenery as we always do.

The Cenotaph looked tidy to us and the small memorial garden next to it was also well kept.

What exists the other side of the promenade seating does not bother us because we rarely look that way.

BTW, did you enjoy the concert last night?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2668 on: July 28, 2012, 03:32:49 pm »
Yes it was good,nice to see where all the money from the parks dept has gone,but it is a good venue and it will be interesting to see how they cope with 15,000 people tonite,they coped ok with the rugby but that is a third of what they will have tonite,i always park on the prom and walk up,so i have no idea what it is like on the main rd.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #2669 on: July 28, 2012, 11:05:28 pm »
If you thought last night was good well I can tell you tonight’s concert was fantastic.

Parc Eirias was rocking !!  $good$

After tonight’s success, I would think CCBC will seriously consider staging another ‘Access All Eirias’ in 2013.