Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612417 times)

Cordyline and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2775 on: August 21, 2012, 01:27:31 am »
....Or they could have been simply closed?

Which I have noticed that more and more of Llandudno's shops and attractions are doing these days, closing earlier!

It's a self fulfilling prophecy, ..........not many people about.....close early.... (less takings)...... more people think the town is closed too early..... so less people return to the town.... (less takings) .......   less people in town..... and so it goes on.

I was told very clearly when I took a shop on the pier, you MUST put the hours in to make a living.
Those same people no longer put the hours in, I do...... and I consistently benefit from being the only shop open.

It might only be an extra £50 a day, but they don't half add up!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2776 on: August 21, 2012, 07:50:26 am »

Only if all the cars were in the stations.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2777 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:46 am »

Which I have noticed that more and more of Llandudno's shops and attractions are doing these days, closing earlier!

It's a self fulfilling prophecy, ..........not many people about.....close early.... (less takings)...... more people think the town is closed too early..... so less people return to the town.... (less takings) .......   less people in town..... and so it goes on.

But you don't have to pay staff though, a bigger shop would not want to pay several staff when it is very quiet.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2778 on: August 21, 2012, 08:11:29 am »

Generally referred to as  "The Law of diminishing returns".   Can also happen when prices are put up to compensate for lost revenue, price up, less people buy, price up less people buy . . . . . etc.  &shake&
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2779 on: August 21, 2012, 08:40:55 am »
You do have to put the hours in peak season when the town is busy.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2780 on: August 21, 2012, 11:35:47 am »

I was told very clearly when I took a shop on the pier, you MUST put the hours in to make a living.
Those same people no longer put the hours in, I do...... and I consistently benefit from being the only shop open.

It might only be an extra £50 a day, but they don't half add up!
By Gum lad-- it shows where you come from !! ;D
This was what we were trying to get through to the woman who ran our business in Yorks. Eventually we'd had enough of her moaning about not being able to make ends meet on the few hours she kept cutting down to. Guess what? We sold it.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2781 on: August 22, 2012, 12:06:13 am »
You do have to put the hours in peak season when the town is busy.

YES.... Precisely.
The business theory is that you should be able to make plenty of money in the peak hours, to offset the quieter periods.
But still remain open for some of those quieter hours as either a service, of for goodwill.

I have lost count of the times that I have sold things to tourists, simply because I was the only one open and they had nowhere else to spend their holiday money.
You have to be in it, to win it.... as they say.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2782 on: August 22, 2012, 11:59:10 am »
caught them cleaning rhos beach this morning ,can somebody have a look and see if the town beach has been done

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #2783 on: August 22, 2012, 12:50:47 pm »
Just noticed that the Peter Pan statue in Hyde Park is not broken although very shiny where people rub it.  So that's it.  We all save up have a bronze "white" rabbit statue on the West shore and the original can go in the museum.
Sorted ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2784 on: August 22, 2012, 01:31:26 pm »
We all save up have a bronze "white" rabbit statue on the West shore and the original can go in the museum.
Sorted ;D

Or do a Robert Maxwell and cast it overboard about 50 miles offshore.   :)
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2785 on: August 22, 2012, 08:16:00 pm »
Congratulations go to Colwyn Bay but still a Merit for Llandudno.

http://www.walesinbloom.org.uk/?page_id=309

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2786 on: August 22, 2012, 08:54:06 pm »
The "Queen of Welsh Resorts" manages a "Merit" - I'm sure our Hoteliers and the Tourist reliant businesses will be absolutely delighted!  WWW

How about that then Wrex?    $good$
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2787 on: August 22, 2012, 10:48:43 pm »
The completed Floral Clock

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2788 on: August 22, 2012, 10:54:44 pm »
The Lifeboat was called out this afternoon to a stricken yacht in the Conwy Estuary. Upon return, it had a tricky job to return to the Station as both unloading coaches and carelessly parked cars had blocked St. George's Place. Good job they weren't there when it was being towed for launching or vital time could have been lost.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2789 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:48 am »
The completed Floral Clock

About time!    D)
Cicero