Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613932 times)

Michael W and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3375 on: January 04, 2013, 04:59:39 pm »
I wonder if all the adverse publicity will increase or decrease the number of spectators for the 2013 Llandudno Lions Boxing Day Dip.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3376 on: January 04, 2013, 05:07:54 pm »
Probably increase it ! _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3377 on: January 04, 2013, 05:33:14 pm »
Why are Llandudno Council spending on a duplicate White Rabbit Statue?  Presumably to give the yobs something else to destroy.  The one we have plus the Alice Trail rabbit should be enough.   What a waste yet again by this inept Council.    :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3378 on: January 04, 2013, 06:15:03 pm »
Bri if we can get a female streaker it will increase the crowds,as for the New White rabbit Yorkie,if it is indestructable then hey ho and as they blatanley refuse to spend the money on xmas lights then lets have a rabbit made of gold.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3379 on: January 04, 2013, 06:24:56 pm »
Wrex, I've yet to see anything that is indestructible!   Those intent on vandalism will always manage to do damage.   :rage:
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3380 on: January 04, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »
I didn't see any genitalia in the video or still photographs, I think the lad covered himself with his hands whilst out of the water.
As it happens, there's a photo in the Daily Post today. The lad is completely naked and waving his ams, the Daily Post Photoshopped a xmas hat on over his genitals to cover his modesty.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3381 on: January 04, 2013, 08:00:36 pm »
The police getting involved is a joke,the lad probably did it for a bet,i was watching from the back,Ian made a joke of it and all i heard was people laughting,sorry but i think it has gone too far.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3382 on: January 04, 2013, 08:08:56 pm »
Llandudno "skinny dipper" to apologise to mayor and Lions
By David Powell Jan 4 2013

THE MAYOR of Llandudno has praised police action to ensure that a Boxing Day skinny dipper writes letters of apology.

The unnamed student, 21, shocked onlookers nine days ago as he joined crowds rushing into the sea at the town's North Shore beach in the traditional event.

Cllr Myra Wigzell complained to police about the skinny dipping. Police traced the man and ordered him to write letters of apology to the mayor and to the Llandudno Lions Club charity who helped organise the event.

She told the Daily Post: "It's exactly the right action by the police And I think the person involved has behaved exactly as he should have (in agreeing to write the letters). I admire his behaviour."

She added: "I am very happy to let the matter drop. Let's hope nothing like that happens in future."

She also said that the police have done "splendidly" in the way that they have dealt with the matter.

North Wales Police say that there will be a police presence at next year's Boxing Day dip in Llandudno to ensure everyone is lawabiding.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3383 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:41 pm »
Please can I have some of my tax back?  &shake&

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3384 on: January 05, 2013, 12:41:24 pm »
Will the police enter the water to arrest any streakers or will they ask the lifeboat crew

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3385 on: January 05, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »
i,ll bet they will book the lifeboat for parking 1st  :P  _))*

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3386 on: January 05, 2013, 07:53:39 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3387 on: January 05, 2013, 08:07:13 pm »
I didn't see any genitalia in the video or still photographs, I think the lad covered himself with his hands whilst out of the water.
As it happens, there's a photo in the Daily Post today. The lad is completely naked and waving his ams, the Daily Post Photoshopped a xmas hat on over his genitals to cover his modesty.

Oh!  Yes, so there is!   However, Mr Mayor was not in such a position as to able to view his appendage which had obviously suffered from the rather cold weather and water.   When returning from his dip in the briney he covered himself with cupped hands, although a postage stamp would have probably been sufficient to do the job!    _))*
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3388 on: January 06, 2013, 10:33:40 am »
If you look at the youtube clips you will see that he has taken his trainer off and covered his biots with this,im not sure what size the trainers was though.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3389 on: January 09, 2013, 09:28:01 pm »
Plenty of rescue helicopter activity on the Orme this morning. Not sure if it was a trial run or something real. The helicopter circled dropped a winchman, then a body board and finally landed on the Orme just above the ski slope waiting for someone to be rescued?