Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614660 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3585 on: March 25, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »
WLLRN?  Bloody cold.  Jut looked at my weather ap and it says Temperature "37 feels like 26" .  I also checked Banjul, Gambia where my Daughter is for a few months and it says "83 feels like 92".  I bet she's laughing her socks off at our predicament!   L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #3586 on: March 27, 2013, 04:47:26 pm »
Off to London for the mighty reds Wembley adventure,so DaveR get out there with your camera and get me some snaps of the spring weather.
I'm away at the moment, so have appointed Fester as forum photographer.  ;D

Has the new Forum photographer nipped over the Great Orme and taken photos of the snowdrift on the Marine Drive?      ;D       

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3587 on: March 27, 2013, 05:12:28 pm »
Shouldn't push that one Hugo !! ;D :o
Our forum photographer was at his place of work this afternoon in a highly p*****d off mood having waited for a delivery in vain. He was frozen stiff  :(.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3588 on: March 27, 2013, 05:17:26 pm »
There's nothing better than a brisk walk  over the Orme in this weather to get you warm!       $cool$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3589 on: March 27, 2013, 10:45:11 pm »
Our forum photographer was at his place of work this afternoon in a highly p*****d off mood having waited for a delivery in vain. He was frozen stiff  :(.

Yeah Nemesis, sorry about that.... 3 hours in sub zero temperatures for no reason can leave one a bit tetchy!
However, I was told today by a guy that had just completed his trek around the Orme that it is impassable by vehicle.

An enormous snowdrift, completely obliterating the Marine Drive, to the west of the Cafe just before you begin the descent to Llys Helig Drive.   Now I see why the gates were locked at the Tollhouse in Happy Valley.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3590 on: March 27, 2013, 10:50:03 pm »
Ahhh, sorry all.... I see that my last article has been covered in some depth on the Gt Orme thread. :-}}}
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3591 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:40 am »

Yeah Nemesis, sorry about that.... 3 hours in sub zero temperatures for no reason can leave one a bit tetchy!
However, I was told today by a guy that had just completed his trek around the Orme that it is impassable by vehicle.

An enormous snowdrift, completely obliterating the Marine Drive, to the west of the Cafe just before you begin the descent to Llys Helig Drive.   Now I see why the gates were locked at the Tollhouse in Happy Valley.

No probs Fester-- I really felt for you-- you looked frozzen daft as we say in Yorks. Hope you got thawed out ! ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3592 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »
Thanks for you kind words Nem...

I was about to advertise the fact (via a sign) that my prices were FROZEN for the 3rd consecutive year... but I fear that my customers will be heartily sick of that word!
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3593 on: March 29, 2013, 11:11:26 am »
 _))* _))* _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3594 on: March 29, 2013, 12:08:07 pm »
Well, it's certainly a beautiful day in Llandudno today. Blazing sunshine. About time too!  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3595 on: March 29, 2013, 04:48:26 pm »
Well, it's certainly a beautiful day in Llandudno today. Blazing sunshine. About time too!  $good$

Absolutely  8)

My Son and I had a lovely afternoon of Golf up the Orme at Mike's (Orme Golf) lovely course, my play wasn't up to much but the views more than made up for it. Was great to meet Mike as well and his Son in law, and thanks for the shortcut home! Not only did my legs need it but the view was wonderful as well   $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3596 on: March 29, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »
Another thing I noticed on the way back was Llandudno war museum. Is it any good? I never knew it was there, they keep it pretty well hidden. Was also surprised they charge to go in, and not cheap either. Is it a private museum, I take it then, rather than a governement one?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3597 on: March 29, 2013, 07:31:04 pm »
Hello Born2run.Meeting you twice in a day. Yes, The Llandudno War Museum is privately owned by a Father and Son team who work very,very hard on it. As you say they are at a disadvantage by not being in a prime position, but they spend an absolute load of time, energy and hard cash on publicising it in any way possible.
  Yes, its very well worth a visit. Mike

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3598 on: March 30, 2013, 11:52:21 am »
I took a very difficult to please friend there last year and he was thrilled to bits with it. I also enjoyed it very much, it was amazing how many things were in there.
An excellent attraction--and not expensive.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3599 on: March 30, 2013, 08:05:51 pm »
Looks like a busyish day on the Pier, in spite of the cold wind.